Turbofire starting July 10

Options
Yeah, so basically I am starting Turbofire today, and I am going to stick with it!
I took all my measurements this morning as well as weighed myself and I am determined to get to my best.
I looked at hundreds of different programs, tried several for a day or two, was seriously considering doing the 30 Day Shred followed by Ripped In 30 but decided that Turbofire seemed more promising. Even with all the amazing results I have seen with people doing the shred I can't get it through my head doing 25 minutes a day will get me skinny.

That being said, who's up to joining me through the twenty weeks?

Replies

• andrucifer
    andrucifer Posts: 25
    Options
    I have never heard of this before. What is Turbofire all about?
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Starting again tomorrow w/P90X for strength training. Good luck to you! If you don't already have a coach I am here if you ever have any questions. Fell free to add me.

Beverly
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been doing TurboFire for about five weeks now && I love it so much! I've lost nearly fifteen pounds in two months. I don't always follow the schedule because it's hard with an infant whose constantly demanding my attention, but I work out probably five times a week. Good luck && feel free to add me! :smile:
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I have the Turbo Fire but haven't started it yet. Believe me when I tell you that 30 day shred works. I did it and lost 8 inches, I was also jog/walking along with it.
  • prettypilar
    Options
    See I hear things like that and it makes me want to do the shred!
    Ha ha I am too indecisive!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I can tell you I've lost 51 pounds using Turbo Fire and it really does work
  • sharper43
    sharper43 Posts: 109
    Options
    I started TurboFire yesterday!
  • mlecin
    mlecin Posts: 16
    Options
    I have never heard of this before. What is Turbofire all about?

It's a Beachbody program, using Cardio, Toning, and Interval Training. There are about a dozen different routines, some short, and some up to an hour. The basic moves are a lot like kickboxing - punches and some kicks, with an emphasis on building strong core muscles. Chalene Johnson is very high energy, and the music is great, so the routines are always a lot of fun!

I've been doing it since May, and have lost about 15 pounds, and over 15 inches! It's an intense workout, but there is a "Prep" schedule that I followed for the first 6 weeks that helped me get used to it - I wasn't sure I was in good enough shape to jump right into the full schedule.

The schedule(s) that come with the program have you working out 6 days a week, with 1 recovery day off.
  • haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been very tempted to get turbofire but you know how commercials are, they make things look better then they are. Is it really as fun as they make it out to be? Do you look forward to your work out or is it hard to motivate yourself to do it?
  • mlecin
    mlecin Posts: 16
    Options
    It's very "up", bouncy & energetic, so I do look forward to exercising each morning. You work up quite a sweat - I exercise first thing in the morning so I can shower right after.

You have to be able to block out a 30-60 minute block of time (depending on that day's routine) when you know you'll be able to do it.

It's a high-intensity program, but I'm keeping up with it, even though I'm 50, and wasn't in tip-top condition to start. I'm up to almost 20 pounds lost in 12 weeks!