Please Help me lose 100lbs,

Options
Hi,
I have fought weight all my life and I want to stop. I could use support and encouragement. I will give support to you all as well,
-Jenn

Replies

• CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome aboard! YOU can DO THIS!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome! to MFP
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Welcome, you've come to the right place for support and advice. Best wishes on your journey, and feel free to friend request me. :flowerforyou:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome suga!

I've been big all my life, so I know your frustration. I need to lose 150+ lbs. . It's not an easy task.....but it's totally attainable.

Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me. :happy:
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    stick with mfp for the WIN!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100+ pounds so let's get going! :happy: I just started June of 2011 and have been learning new ways to tweak and work with MFP...and after trying everything else, let me tell you this TRULY works. :) .. Add me and i'll cheer for you too!
  • Ginger1384
    Ginger1384 Posts: 42
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I have over 100 pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight. This website and the members are amazing and offer awesome support.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It ain't easy but it's doable. Be honest and consistent and you'll succeed.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good Luck on your journey. My suggestions are to log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth, and get some form of exercise everyday even if its just a quick 20 minute walk. Watch portion sizes - measure everything in the beginning until you get used to seeing what normal portions are. You can do this!!
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Great to have you. I've been trying for a long time with no success. But the past few months on MFP have really helped. I'm finally losing and it feels great. You can absolutely find support here and plenty have lost over 100. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    I too HAD 100+ to lose....almost to my have way point now. I've tried every weight loss "diet" on the market; every pill in the book including Redux (does anyone remember that?); every taco or cabbage soup, green bean fade and have enough weight loss books to start my own library. Truth is...no one can do it for YOU except for YOU. MFP is a great tool to help you attain every goal you set. The keys to weight loss for ME are:

Food journaling (MFP)
    Water
    Making the food I like fit into my daily intake
    Water
    Staying true to myself
    Making the life change about ME and no one else
    Water
    Did I mention Water????

Good luck with your life change and new choices.

YOU CAN DO IT! I KNOW YOU CAN.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • momof2kiddos
    Options
    counting your calorie intake truly helps! we are all here for encouragement and to give encouragement! you can add me if you like!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. You can do this!
  • stephspov
    stephspov Posts: 3
    Options
    I too have had to stuggle with my weight all my life! If you feel like you are going to fail yourself, jump on this site! We ALL need support! Steph :)
  • BonLou76
    BonLou76 Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm working on losing 100 as well. So far I really like this place, it makes everything so much easier! Good luck and you can add me too! :)

8812617.png
  • VaBeachNurse
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds also. Im going to add you as a friend so that we can give each other support.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I too HAD 100+ to lose....almost to my have way point now. I've tried every weight loss "diet" on the market; every pill in the book including Redux (does anyone remember that?); every taco or cabbage soup, green bean fade and have enough weight loss books to start my own library. Truth is...no one can do it for YOU except for YOU. MFP is a great tool to help you attain every goal you set. The keys to weight loss for ME are:

Food journaling (MFP)
    Water
    Making the food I like fit into my daily intake
    Water
    Staying true to myself
    Making the life change about ME and no one else
    Water
    Did I mention Water????

Good luck with your life change and new choices.

YOU CAN DO IT! I KNOW YOU CAN.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Haha...this is so funny to me, and YES, you did mention water once or twice...lol I completely feel where you are coming from, as I think I have or have at least read ALL of those books you talked about. I've also owned at least 13 different workout videos at any given time. The beauty that I have found about this site is that we are all here for the same reason, to figure out how to do this the right way and not necessarily the quick-fix way. I know that I want to not only lose the weight but keep it off for the long haul. It's hard, but it will definitely be worth it in the end.

Good luck...feel free to add me, and that goes for everyone in the same boat.