I've gained weight

Options
Hi! So I started eating healthier about a week ago, and have gained weight? I'm eating under the suggest calorie limit so idk whats going on or what I'm doing wrong...

Replies

• janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week, and it's possibly water weight. Don't worry about it too much.

If after a month you only see a gain, then that's when you should be worried.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Could just be water weight. Make sure you are weighing everything with a food scale.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Do your best to eat as near to the suggested calorie intake since eating under it didn't seem to do much. What did you eat yesterday? I've noticed what I eat the day before my 'official' weigh in day temporarily gives me a gain. i.e. chinese food, pizza, eating out at a chain restaurant...things that may be higher in sodium and holds onto some water. Like oliverneedsyou said, use a food scale. I can't live without mine. I like my digital scale which measures in ounces and grams. I prefer to weigh in grams if I can. I'm kinda picky that way. I feel I get a more accurate amount for the calories that way.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Did you start exercising at the same time? Have you recently had a high amount of sodium or carbs? Are you at or nearing TOM or ovulating? Those will all cause water weight to increase, which can mask actual weight loss. You will never lose every single week, so it's best to look at the long term trend rather than each point.