Vegggggie help!!!

Options
I am feeling like I'm eating the same things over a again! Does anyone have any good veggies or ideas for veggies that would be filling and yummy?! :)

Replies

• angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What kind of veggies have you been eating and what do you like?
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    What have you been eating so I don't suggest ones you're sick of :happy:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    We've been grilling a lot lately.... sometimes a little olive on the veggies; sometimes plain...... red, orange & yellow peppers, zucchini, asparagus, yellow squash. Grilling adds GREAT flavor!

Sometimes I just eat my meal (whatever it is) over a bed of baby spinach. The juices/sauce from the meal act as my dressing.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea:

I love hummus, but I don't love all the calories that are involved with dipping in pita chips. So, I was browsing the store one day looking for other ideas to dip in my hummus, and I found sugar snap peas. I figured, "Why not?". It worked great for dipping...accomplished the crunch that I was looking for, and let me get more veggies in.

Now, if I could just stop overdoing it on the hummus.....
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I agree that veggies on the grill adds a whole new flavor and they are fabulous!!

But, in general, just varying the method of cooking helps a lot. For example, broccoli can be eaten raw...you could saute' it in a little olive oil and garlic...you could steam it...you could grill it... you could sautee it and then sprinkle a little romano cheese or something strong.... All have unique flavors, but the same vegetable.

I like asparagus grilled - SO GOOD. But I also love it broiled w/ some limes sliced on top and a sprinkle of salt.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    2 tomatoes, a bit of crumbled feta, a bit of fresh mozza, fresh basil and 1 tbsp of italian vinegarette dressing. Let marinate for 10 minutes... then dig in! SOOOOOO good!!!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Roasted Broccoli is also one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten in my entire life. I don't really like it any other way.
  • AshlynsMom1
    Options
    I have had most frozen :( broccoli, an oriental mix and a red and green pepper mix with onions! I would like to make zucchini but I want different ways of making it! And other veggies I wouldn't even think of making! Lol :)
  • AshlynsMom1
    Options
    Thanks for all the support!!! :)
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love veggie meals - here are some of my favorites

greek salad - tomato, cucumber, onion & feta - salt & pepper them & add a drizzle of olive oil , leave a couple of minutes for the salt to bring out the juices - delicious

veggie kebabs - courgette, tomato, pepper, mushroom, onion etc - season & roast them

stir fry's - with a sweet chilli sauce

vegetable chilli - mixed beans , peppers, mushrooms etc with tinned tomatoes & chilli

vegetable curry - use cauliflower, carrots , sweet potato , peppers , onion , make the sauce out of tinned tomatoes & curry spice mix ......

hope that helps
  • DECAFLiving
    DECAFLiving Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Roast butternut or pumpkin is devine eat with pasta, as salads or make into soup. If you roast long enough and use a little oil it caramelises - DEVINE!

Carrot and pineapple salads nice.

Also to change salads which have the same basic ingredients chop finely instead of chunky - just makes a difference to me. Likewise for fruit salad the smaller the nicer. I may just be a bit weird...hmmm
  • AshlynsMom1
    Options
    Thanks for all the help! I'm going to try everything :) I just had zucchini and squash "pasta" cut thin like pasta anyways lol, tomatoes, some chicken and a three pepper salsa! It was so yummy!! I saved some for lunch tomorrow!
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I made a pumpkin pasta sauce the other night that was pretty good. 300ish grams of pumpkin, cook it till its soft (boil), add some crushed garlic a tin of tomatoes and a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste. Puree it then add a couple of tablespoons of light sour cream at the end and mix through.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried roasting your veggies, it can be a really nice change. Just cut them to bite-sized pieces or so, place them on a cookie sheet, lightly brush or spray with olive oil and sprinkle a bit of salt. Then put them in a 400 degree oven. Softer veggies like summer squashes, eggplant, broccoli, and cauliflower should take about 25 minutes. Firmer veggies like onions, winter squash, and potatoes can take up to 45 minutes. You may want to stir/flip them part way through the cooking.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    my favorite veggie dish is slicing a zuchinni tossing in olive oil and garlic, spreading on a baking sheet and sprinkling with parmesan cheese. Bake on 350 until zuchinni slices start to get slightly crispy/lightly brown - usually about 25 - 30 minutes. The garlic and parmesan cheese adds loads of flavor and you can add as little or as much as you want. My whole family loves this one!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I love steamed kale and/or rainbow chard with evoo, garlic, black pepper and pecorino romano.