Pictures 10 stone 140 lbs 63kg lost so far

Options
Hi all

I recently past a huge milestone in a personal en devour.

Over the last few years I have been trying to become more healthy with the intention of becoming more active and being a better example to my awesome boy, Hanley.
I have now accomplished something that seemed impossible to me only a year or two ago.

The milestone is that to date, I have lost 10 stone (63.5 kg, 140 lbs) in weight since my heaviest in about 2008. I only know I weighed that much because I had to go to hospital once and they had to weigh me on special "sit on" scales :o(

I basically put on a stone (14 lbs, 6 kilos) of weight every year of my late teens and early adult life. I've tried many times over the last 25 years to lose weight, with varying degrees of limited success. They've never lasted more than a couple of months.

When my wife became pregnant with Hanley about 6 years ago it was a real kick in the *kitten* for me to start taking some positive steps to ensure i would be around for as long as possible, to enjoy time with my amazing family.

I undertook several failed attempts to change how i lived. I did lose a few stone over the years through not eating the quantities I had been. Although I still ate what I knew was unhealthy foods. But when you weigh 25.5 stone just eating less really works on the weight loss front.
However, it wasn't until I confronted the issues around my anxiety and other issues, that things changed. After counselling, exploring my attachment to food and my social anxiety. ... and a huge amount of support from my wife, i was able to be genuinely positive.

Just over 18 months ago, weighing 22 stone (305 lbs or 140 kilos) and only being 5'8" (172cm) I joined PW fitness. It is a high intensity interval training gym. It was a horror show! I couldn't hold a press up position let alone attempt one! But the guys there were great and just encouraged me to keep going and they modified nearly all the exercises for me. Over the last year and a half things have gradually got better and better resulting in me losing over 4 stone and gaining some self belief. I now eat a more protein based diet than before and fitness pal has been great for keeping an eye on macros. I try and stick to 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30 fat.fg6hwctmo4d9.jpg

Im fact things have got so much better, that I have been able to start doing something that I have wanted to do for years but just thought I would never be able to. On my 40th birthday (A few months ago) I started training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with Ivam Marcial in Brighton. I have been attending 2-3 times a week and have loved every second of it (despite it fundamentally being an exercise in how to get strangled and have your limbs broken by people :o). It's an even better work out than the HIIT and it is a huge motivation to eat right. I have lost another 2 stone (13 kilos) since I started Jiu Jitsu and have been accepted for what I can do, nor what I can't.

I want to say a big old thank you to PW Fit and Ivam and the guys at the Brighton BJJ academy for helping me get fitter.

I still want to lose another couple of stone but I have a great new hobby and belief I can do it.
I know weigh 15 stone ( 70kg 210lbs)

sx2grckex0jv.jpg

eor5hd0j7see.jpg

Replies

• EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story and you have done absolutely amazing!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Woah amazing you look great ! great job on all the hard work!
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    Options
    Congratulations on job well done!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Well done!
  • krissy5686
    krissy5686 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Congrats!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great work. Congratulations due to your wife too. It must be great to have a supportive spouse.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say your story is inspiring - thank you for posting :)
  • sbz113z
    sbz113z Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Great work, congratulations and keep it up! So inspiring!
  • xelmax
    xelmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up.
    You look like you weigh less than 15 stone now
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great! Such a nice smile!!
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • AshSarahP
    AshSarahP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. Congrats on your hard work and determination. I'm inspired!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow! Such an inspiration and so handsome!! Thank you for sharing!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    WOW Mate!!! Congrats on turning your life around you deserve this you have worked so hard for it
  • jamieperryman
    jamieperryman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's such a motivation to share both the ups and downs on the journey. It has taken me so long to realise that though. Thanks again
  • micayla75
    micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You can tell you have worked hard for this! :smile:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such an inspirational story. You must be so proud. Hats off to you - your story has spurred me on. Thank you! ☺
  • kazz882
    kazz882 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well done, what an amazing achievement!
  • vlnielsen519
    vlnielsen519 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job. Have fun with the BJJ, it's working for you!
  • SalvationMountain41
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on all your dedication and hard work (both mental and physical)! You look incredible and incredibly happy! I plan on enrolling in martial arts with my little guy who is 5 when I get to Onederland. Should be there soon! Thanks so much for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!