low cal hot drinks?

Options
anyone have a low cal hot drink for in the morning??Im used to drinking capuccino and want to move on to something healthier but not so much into herbal teas lol

Replies

• kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Low fat latte!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    coffee with skimmed milk and sweetner? or just plain black coffee
  • Sandra59
    Sandra59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's a bit bad but Weight Watchers Hot Choc
  • valerieheat
    Options
    Low fat latte!

Agreed~!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    chai tea bags are awesome. Add a non-fat milk and yo have a lower fat lower calorie chai drink. YUM
  • Sandra59
    Sandra59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Also I have gallons of warm water with a dash of squeezed lemon
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    GREEN TEA its going to help you speed up the metabolism as well!

LOL just saw you didn't like herbal teas... fail for me lol!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Regular coffee with skim milk and splenda or stevia is my drink of choice. Once in a while when I know I will have a few extra calories for the day I do splurge on a nonfat sugar free latte though :)
  • Victoriaaah
    Options
    There are some really yummy low sugar hot chocolate packages from the grocery store. I believe Swiss Miss has a really great one.

You can also try a skinny latte from Sbux. Those are deeeeelicious! My current favorite is a skinny, no whip Coconut Mocha Frap from Sbux. The calories are very low considering how much the "regular" versions run...Good Luck! :)
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    regular cup of tea? nothin herbal about it. :)
    though i do LOVE chai at the moment, with a tiny bit of honey and cold skim milk. nom... something relaxing about it.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy with the skinny drinks from Starbucks, if you're in the mood to pay for it. Especially their new Coconut Mocha flavor!!

I love to get the sugar free syrups that are next to the coffees at the grocery and add it to my coffee... also my protein shakes, as well!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I make a version of a cap'achino with 43 cals. Yum!
    And agree with the other poster about the SF syrups!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I make my cappuccino with sugar-free flavored syrup and skim milk. It comes in around 50 calories. And, I actually think skim milk makes even better foam! :-)
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Coffee with Coffee-mate sugar-free vanilla makes it creamy and sweet and only 15 calories/tbsp....my favorite tea is Celestial Seasoning Madagascar Red vanilla rooibus (sweet, vanilla flavor, NOT herbally at all)..delicious!!! If you can't find it, Starbuck's also offers vanilla rooibus tea (plain or as a latte, but that's more calories).
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    TEA!!..Not that herbal stuff..If you are in the US look for tetley British Blend..couple of splendas and a drop of milk and bobs your uncle..Nice cuppa char!
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    Hungry-girl.com has some AMAZING hot/cold coffee drinks. I made one of her cold one's the other day and it was pretty darn good!!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    You must try Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea - it's not a green tea or an herbal tea (techinally a black tea, I think). But it is SO good just the way it comes. It is sweet enough without any sugar or splenda or anything added and it's ZERO calories!

Here's the link to buy it on Amazon (if interested) - and you can see all the reviews - lots of people LOVE this tea!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Harney-Sons-Fine-Cinnamon-Spice/dp/B000PGQQFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310604947&sr=8-1
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    It's a bit bad but Weight Watchers Hot Choc

pretty damn good if you ask me! I use this, add some coffee and hot water. Instant low cal mocha.
  • bustertriscuit
    bustertriscuit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you have a Keurig, the chai lattes are 60 calories. I think you can probably make one with less using something like Splenda, but these are really yummy.
    I've seen low calorie chai tea mixes at places like health food stores as well.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I make my cappuccino with sugar-free flavored syrup and skim milk. It comes in around 50 calories. And, I actually think skim milk makes even better foam! :-)

I totally agree! I add a little sf syrup to my foam too, makes it even yummier! Hm, I think I will brew one now! :drinker: