accountability.....what do you do?

Options
My sister and I were doing this together and helped keep each other motivated and on track. She is pregnant now (YAY gonna be a first time aunty) and clearly not trying to lose weight at this point. So, What do you do to keep yourself on track and moving in the right direction, maybe I need to be harder on myself? lol

Replies

• Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Find you a new friend on here to keep you accountable!! :)
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging in every day and make sure you make some friends on the site. You can add me if you like, I'm here everyday! Take part in the message boards and use the tools. It's really been working for me. There is so much motivation and support to be had!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    If i dont do something that I set as a goal or something I discipline myself like a kid...lol....like no computer that day or no this or no that......works for me
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    your sister might not be trying to loose weight but I am sure she might want to stay fit during her pregnancy. Go for a brisk walk with her or take a class together. other than that the hard stuff you are going to have to push yourself :)
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on being a new Aunt. It is an exciting feeling.

Staying accountable is mainly your responsibility, however, there are plenty of us here to pat you on the back and pull you along. All you have to do is add us to be your friends. We would love to be there for you. Make sure that you are logging on everyday, even if it is for a minute to put in your food choices and exercise. Just log on.
  • Danyell08
    Danyell08 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!

My sister is still encouraging (except when she has a poutine craving and calls me up lol) I know it all comes from me in the end, so I best buck up i guess :)
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I use MFP daily. Any time I need motivation I check out the Success Stories. They are amazing and will usually motivate me to.....skip dessert, go for a run, put in a workout dvd. Invite lots of people to be your buddies too, they will encourage you when you are doing something great and remind you can do better, when you need to hear that too ;)
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If your Sis was trying to lose before, she might want to keep tracking her intake. It is easy to lose perspective when "eating for two" a baby doesn't mean twice the calories. When I was pregnant, I was tired all the time and had trouble making good choices. That contributed to a gaul bladder attack.
  • polarduke
    polarduke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just being on the site now and honestly logging all my food and exercise every day! Knowing others can view my food log motivates me to keep on track, and show good progress in the weight loss. Then I can feel more comfortable doling out advice! :)
  • MsMe79
    MsMe79 Posts: 54
    Options
    I am accountable to myself and my personal trainer.

I train with her 4 times and week and I'm finally making it to every session and feeling good about it.

I am accountable to me, because I want this. It's not for anyone but me, and I have set goals throughout this process and will be very disappointed if I don't reach them