Small loss first week

Options
katandwaves
katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I was hoping to have a big loss my first week in. I know it slows down so just wanted that first week to be a bigger number. Down 1.6. Happy to be down but disappointed it wasn't more. I'm not close to goal. I want to lose about 40-45 pounds.

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Define 'big loss'. You lost. Don't be disappointed. I would love a 1.6 pound loss this week.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    my opinion? let go the mentality of seeing quick losses. Give yourself about 6 months to lose this weight (i think this is probably a reasonable amount of time).

That way you aren't flipping out about the weekly losses, instead you know that it will take 6 months and to get used to it. ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    1.6 lbs in a week is a pretty big loss.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Remember too that weight loss isn't linear. You'll see fluctuations up and down a lot - don't let them stress you out. As long as the trend is downward over the long term, you're doing it right :)
  • eluvscats
    eluvscats Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've restarted a few times on here and have NEVER had a huge water-based loss the first week, not even the very first time. It's ok. It actually is ok. Some of us just don't, but you can still lose weekly just fine. :)

SW: 255
    CW: 198
    GW1: 185
    UGW: 140
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Some people get the big water weight drop; some people were never retaining that much water anyway.

Congratulations on your loss!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're in for a lot of disappointments of you aren't happy with a 1.6 lb loss. Adjust your expectations and celebrate that loss.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    You need to adjust your expectations otherwise you will be setting yourself up to failure.

1.6lb is a pretty good loss.
  • Mumu190672
    Mumu190672 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight before mfp but in the first week of mfp nothing at all.
    I set up a goal of 1 kg a week.
    Some weeks my weight doesn't change others it moves quickly but the result after several months is an average of 1 kg a week as expected.
    Any loss is good any weight maintained at lower weight is good as long as the trend is going down in the long term.