New Momma 2B

Options
Hey everyone,

Just looking to expand my friend list. 12 weeks pregnant, I just recently lost 50lbs and my goal is to maintain my weight as much as possible throughout my pregnancy. If not maintain, at least keep up with healthy habits.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your doctor about your weight. Normally you are supposed to gain weight during pregnancy to support your growing baby.
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Keeping up healthy habits sounds like a great goal! Maintaining weight is only recommended when mom is significantly overweight. I know the struggle but a healthy baby is most important! The good news is you already know how to shed excess weight, so postpartum loss should be pretty easy. I gained 47 pounds with my last pregnancy (twins ) and it was all gone within 6 months (and I was so sleep deprived and overwhelmed I wasn't even trying! )
  • swarren3030
    swarren3030 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I am also pregnant and trying to maintain my weight, and keep up with my healthy lifestyle. I have been approved by my doctor to maintain, as I am still overweight. She even said that it wouldn't hurt to continue to lose .5 lbs a week or so. I know that I will be able to lose the weight afterward, but my goal is to have a healthy, natural birth, and baby. Are you continuing to exercise during pregnancy, and if so, what types of exercise are you doing?
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently pregnant, but I have 3 kids and joined MFP during my last pregnancy. At the time, I was active in this group! Congrats! http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    10 weeks pregnant here, overweight and also logging and aiming to maintain.
  • rebeccavh
    rebeccavh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm about 20 weeks along. I started out about 5 lbs overweight (had been on a 7 month weight loss journey before getting pregnant) I'm trying to gain a healthy amount of weight.

I wasn't logging at first because I was so sick it was all carbs and honestly I wasn't eating much. Now that I'm back to feeling better I've been trying to be good about logging again