Ideas for breakfast

Hey guys!
I am not a breakfast person at all. I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I just cant force myself to eat anything early in the morning. Can any of you share a few ideas on some breakfast options. Please and Thank you

Replies

• almeyer2013
    almeyer2013 Posts: 5 Member
    I make scrambled eggs. 1 egg with 2 egg whites. I then put a little Sriracha sauce on top.
    Also multigrain eggo waffles with a little honey.
    Hard boiled eggs.
    I also like the kashi sweet potato cereal with almond milk.
    We occasionally make overnight oats. It's heavier in calories, but very filling.
    1/4 cup rolled oats or steel cut. 1/4 Greek yogurt. 1/2 cup almond milk, a drizzle of honey, and fruits. Shake it all up and put in your fridge overnight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Breakfast is the first meal of the day, but it's not the most important meal of the day. Your diet as a whole is what's most important. If you don't want and don't need to eat immediately after you get up, just wait until you get hungry.

Lots of people use not being hungry in the morning to their advantage, and call "skipping breakfast" "intermittent fasting". Some people experience that eating sets off hunger/appetite and that it's easier to control intake if they postpone eating. (It makes sense that you can control your urge to eat better when you are rested.)

If you want to be a "breakfast person", you could try eating your last/biggest meal of the day earlier in the day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    If you don't like to eat breakfast, don't eat it. The people who say it's the most important meal are the cereal companies.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Eat when you choose, if the means not eating in the morning, then don't.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    My breakfast is usually Cheerios, whole milk, coffee, and greek yogurt. I used to hate eating early in the morning too. Since I get up at 5:30 to go to work and can't go until lunch without eating I just made it a habit to eat.

On my days off I usually eat later in the morning and sometimes just coffee in the morning and then an early lunch.

There is no rule about how often you eat or when. Eat according to the schedule that works for you. Just don't let yourself get to the point of feeling very hungry. At least for me that always leads to eating more than I should.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    I've found I can eat a really light breakfast and be satisfied for a while, which is awesome because then I can eat more later in the day. I've taken to drinking a cup of coffee and eating 200 grams (about a cup) of cottage cheese for about 140 calories (and 24 grams of protein!). It works for me. As has already been said, eat when you want!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Staying within your calorie goal is most important for weight loss and eating balanced macros and a wide variety of nutrients are most important for health. Traditional breakfast is irrelevant to both. Eat when you're hungry.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    I'm not a breakfast girl either but when I'm watching what I eat I do get hungry earlier. My go-to is steel cut oats with fruit and a bit of nuts. I make a pot each week and it's always ready, cheap and no unnessary packageing. I bring a little bowl to the office and eat it there.
  • mantrell
    mantrell Posts: 3 Member
    Fiber, water and other nutrients are good starts to break the nightly fast.

Breakfast for me is usually one of the following:

1. Warm Lemon water
    2. Green tea with lemon and agave
    3. Home blended smoothies (water, frozen fruit, banana chia seeds, agave, spinach)
    4. Fresh fruit and water.

• Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    You don't have to eat breakfast as soon as you get up in the morning. I have a medication that I take that I need to wait an hour after taking before I can eat. I fix my breakfast and take it to work and have it before I start my day, usually 2 hours or more after I have gotten up. I like a variety of things for my breakfast but if you really can't face eating something, try a smoothie of fruit, yogurt, milk. No one ever said it has to be a huge meal either. Have avocado toast with coffee, tea, or other beverage. You may find you want a heavier "snack" later in the morning.