Just heard about this site and trying my best!!

Options
Need to lose about 45 lbs. Doing great so far, only lost 7 lbs last month, but dropped my BMI from 33.1 to 25.0! Pretty stoked, but I have little support at home. Has this food tracking/excercise site been very effective for you guys? Any special tips on how to calculate food calorie values for items that are not on the list? or excercises that are not on the list?
Thanks for any help available!!
Cheers,
Darrell E.

Replies

• mybrookelberry
    Options
    Hi :) I've just joined a week ago and I've found it really helpful. It's good to keep me accountable of everything I eat and it's a great exercise motivator thinking "Oh I can add this to my diary". I'm already seeing results even though I haven't even been on a whole week yet :)
  • nsteffens
    nsteffens Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very effective, stick with it and it will work.

I have found that once people really started to notice the weight I have lost, they start asking questions and the support from the people around you really starts to build.

Good Luck!
  • ampott02
    ampott02 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site and also looking to lose about 40-45 lbs! As for foods that aren't already in the database, just googling it has been pretty helpful. As for exercises that aren't in there, you could try using a heart rate monitor that calculates the calories for you, OR if you're on a treadmill or elliptical or something and don't know if it's telling you the right amount of calories that you're burning, you could just get your average heart rate and put it in this website... http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm .... and it will calculate your total calories burned! Good luck! :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    THis site is my saviour! It is amazing and the people on here are, even more amazing! I needed something to keep track of the foods I eat and something to set calories for me. MFP does it all! I look forward to exercising and even looking at myself in exercise clothes! I love to sweat, move, and see just how far I can push myself. AMAZING!
  • danielsdad0
    Options
    Too funny (about the hair) and thanks for your thoughts and encouragement! YOU keep up the good work too! Awesome!
  • danielsdad0
    Options
    Thanks for the valuable info! Good luck with your goals! You seem to be on the right track!
  • danielsdad0
    Options
    EXCELLENT! Half way to your goal! Keep going strong!
  • danielsdad0
    Options
    5kg in a week! Good Grief! Be careful, but best of luck with your goals! :)