Stretch marks

Options
Does anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks plz help

Replies

• faithgliddenyahoocom8524
    Options
    Celtrixa online works but the membership sucks so buy out right but it works
  • stephi9
    stephi9 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I read once that vicks works I havnt tried it yet tho
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nothing works, they will fade with time but they are tiny tears under the skin,caused by not enough elasticity in your skin and it stretching too far to quickly. even plastic surgery cannot get rid of them completely.its something you will have to deal with.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how much you're willing to spend. You do have to realise though that most if not all treatments whether topical or needling or ablative lasers (CO2 laser for deep scars and YAG for shallow scars), promise "DIMINISHED APPEARANCE " of stretch marks and not a reversal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nothing works, they will fade with time but they are tiny tears under the skin,caused by not enough elasticity in your skin and it stretching too far to quickly. even plastic surgery cannot get rid of them completely.its something you will have to deal with.

this
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

this

Exactly@skin removal surgery, as only the drooping parts are removed. In essence if you had stretch marks in those areas, then yes you would have removal of sorts.

Consider seeking out a Dermatologist OP.
  • Acrosno
    Acrosno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bio-oil. I got a sample in my Ipsy bag last year and not only did it vanish my stretch marks but some very old, very aggressive burn scars!

I swear by the stuff! :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Acrosno wrote: »
    Bio-oil. I got a sample in my Ipsy bag last year and not only did it vanish my stretch marks but some very old, very aggressive burn scars!

I swear by the stuff! :)

I too tried bio oil and it did nothing. you cannot get rid of stretch marks. you can lessen their appearance and make them look almost non existent. but trust me they are still there. no oil is going to magically heal the tears under the skin and put collagen back in there and repair the damage.it may be hard for you to see them but they are still there,unless you are a medical marvel(not saying that to be rude either)
  • Acrosno
    Acrosno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    [quote="CharlieBeansmomTra
    I too tried bio oil and it did nothing. you cannot get rid of stretch marks. you can lessen their appearance and make them look almost non existent. but trust me they are still there. no oil is going to magically heal the tears under the skin and put collagen back in there and repair the damage.it may be hard for you to see them but they are still there,unless you are a medical marvel(not saying that to be rude either)

LOL! I'm a medical marvel!!! :) No seriously after I read your reply I went and looked. You're right. They are there, but I really had to look which is nice I guess! I have mixed emotions about that (mine are from rapid weight gain, not from pregnancy so they are like a badge of shame to me...)

I guess what I'm getting at is bio-oil worked as well as it could work for me personally :)

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    well Im glad they faded them enough and yeah it can help minimize the look of them if caught early. a majority of mine came from puberty and gaining weight fast from prednisone I had to take as a kid for my asthma,later on it was from having children. mine have faded a lot too over the years. I just deal with them now. they do have some treatments (expensive) that claim to boost collagen and repair them,but Im skeptical that those treatments would work,since plastic surgery wont even get rid of them. but Im too poor to find out lol