New from New Zealand :)

Options
Hey all, just signed up and getting the feel of this app, trying to eat 4100cals a day and struggling!!!

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Whereabouts from NZ are you from?
  • deansigley12
    deansigley12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in Christchurch, South Island
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Omg! I am from a Christ's College family. Was meant to attend St Margarets College, but chose to attend Samuel Marsden Collegiate in Wellington instead. Absolutely love cycling through the City and along the Avon River. So, tranquil, even with those ducks bothering you@picnics.

Welcome to MFP! Adding you. Am going to have my sister add you too.

• 777Gemma888
    Options
    [Sighs] ... So miss Queenstown ... Hiking and skiing. Haven't been to NZ in absolutely forever. Maybe we'll try to make our reunions.
  • deansigley12
    Options
    Wow small world!! I've been down here for little over a year, I'm from far north, bay of islands, it take a while to get use to the cold!!!!!! Have you been back since the quake?
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    No I have not. Our friends survived the quakes in Christchurch, though. Thought to touch base with them to see if they needed help, they did not, so we merely donated through Red Cross NZ.

Bay of Islands? A great of number of our friends who sail have homes near the Bay of Islands. One who is a Senior Executive with Air New Zealand has just bought a home there@Bay of Islands with her husband and new baby.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Agree@small world.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    Why do you need to eat 4100 calories? Do you play rugby? Like for the Crusaders or Canterbury?

What about it is difficult?
  • deansigley12
    Options
    I'm trying to get into bodybuilding and my eating plan is really difficult!! I do a lot of sailing in the bay! It's a Beautiful place!!
  • 777Gemma888
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Have you been logging here@MFP? You've closed your diary, so I cannot see exactly what you've been eating/drinking. You may decide to open it for other forumites to chime in to assist you too or restrict it to friends only.

Are you struggling to eat that volume or is it the opposite?

ETA: Would you mind sharing your stats too?
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    It most certainly is beautiful. The delicious food, wine and company only enhances the experience. A totally magical place.
  • deansigley12
    Options
    I'm new to this app so still trying to work things out, I haven't been adding my workouts because when I do it adds more Cals to my day!!!
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    No rush.

You really need to eat back at least 45 to 50% of exercise calories minimum.

Are you on some kind of special diet? Would you prefer to give an example of your day's eats here?
  • deansigley12
    Options
    I found the privacy settings for my dairy and opened it up!! Not a lot to see though
  • 777Gemma888
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Dean .... Are you ok? Just watched the 7.8 earthquake in Christchurch. Noticed the authorities are requesting people on the Eastern side of the South Island and even Wellington to evacuate to higher grounds or to remain in their homes, as there might be damage to building due to a possible tsunami or damaging 5 to 10 meters smaller waves

Omg!
  • deansigley12
    Options
    Ha!! Yeah it's been an interesting night!! Still here though, tsunami sirens have stopped now thank god!!!
  • 777Gemma888
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Delighted to receive confirmation that you're ok Dean.

ETA: Downgraded I'm assuming @tsunamis