Homemade Kale chips

Options
I am trying to find way to eat more green veggies and I came across this recipe the other day. I'm excited to try it out.

http://gimmesomeoven.com/kale-chips/

Kale Chips Recipe

Ingredients:

1 bunch fresh kale leaves, well-washed and dried (you can use a salad spinner, or pat dry with towels, or just let air dry!)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
coarse sea salt (or whatever salt you prefer)
Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

On a cutting board, use a kitchen knife to chop the kale into bite-sized (about 1″) pieces. (You can also tear it apart with your hands.) Place pieces in a large bowl, and drizzle with olive oil. Then using your hands, toss the kale until the leaves are evenly coated with the oil.

Lay the kale pieces out evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet, and then sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until kale is dark green and crunchy. Remove from oven, let cool, and then serve.

Replies

• ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    this sounds great. i dont like alot of veg but i think i would like this.
    thanks for sharing.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ha, good luck w/ this. I also thought it looked like a cool thing to do until I ate my first chip... well, the rest of the 'chips' went into the trash.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love kale chips! Even my husband and 3 year old will eat them.
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you don't burn them, I've found that they burn very easily.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Have been seeing this everywhere and I would love to try it! Please post if you try it! I'm curious :)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    BUMP for late. YUM!!!
  • lala221
    lala221 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    my mom makes these! so good!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Ooohhh... I did this last summer and completely forgot about it.

It is amazing. Will make some this weekend... :)
  • kris0812
    kris0812 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was super skeptical, but I tried this last night and it was SUPER easy and SUPER delicious!!!
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I tried this, but you do have to watch them because they burn really quickly! Go easy on the olive oil, too-- if you get too much, they don't crisp very well.
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I tried them the other night as well for my first time...I made them with Virgin Coconut Oil and added some garlic powder!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I bet the would be useful for making a more healthy taco salad :) I'm trying to cut out chips but LOVE nachos and taco salad, so maybe I'll try this instead.

BTW, if you haven't had Kale before, it is kinda an aquired taste
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Also google "lazy kale mash up". My mom makes it now and it convinced her to like kale!
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    These sound delish - do you reckon it would work spraying with fry light ?
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    These sound delish - do you reckon it would work spraying with fry light ?

Also wondering this. Or the Pam olive oil no-cal spray? I do not want to spend 240 calories on EVOO (I know it's a good fat but that still seems like a lot for me). Would 1 tablespoon EVOO and some Pam work?
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    thanks!! I've seen them in the health food store and they are soo expensive, it would be so cheap and easy to make my own!