Obese? Yes.. And i love myself

Options
Ya i am an obese girl and ya i do love body, i love my curves, i love myself. I started to value myself when i block my ears from hearing what people think about my body. It took me a long time to learn that fat can't be more harmful to my body than the negative words i store in my brain. I think if i would give an advice for anyone who is reading this post is that before you start your weight loss journey go to the mirror and say: heyy you, you look pretty as you are now and day after day you will be fabulous shock the world lol. Have a blessed day everybody :) love yourself

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    It really is so important to love yourself no matter what weight, disability, fitness level, etc you are now.
    It makes making the changes to make yourself the best you can be so much more positive and enjoyable.

We are so much more than our body but we do need a healthy body to live a long and happy life.

Keep on melting Cookie Monster.

Cheers, h.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I agree, even once you've lost weight you should never hate who you were; you'll never truly treat yourself kindly and with healthy choices or compassion if you don't love yourself.
  • MeltingCookieMonster
    Options
    It really is so important to love yourself no matter what weight, disability, fitness level, etc you are now.
    It makes making the changes to make yourself the best you can be so much more positive and enjoyable.

We are so much more than our body but we do need a healthy body to live a long and happy life.

Keep on melting Cookie Monster.

Cheers, h.

• watermelonthighs
    watermelonthighs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weight loss without some body positivity is difficult, speaking from experience. You deserve to love yourself at every stage of your weight loss, because you are beautiful :)