Need help for a party...

Options
Having a group gathering with some friends at the end of the month. Everyone is bringing something and I'm trying to think of a healthy dish I can bring. There will probably be between 15-20 ppl. Personally, this is more selfish for me so I know I'll have something good for myself to eat. Could easily bring a fruit or veggie platter but that's boring. I love cooking and/or trying new recipes. Any suggestions??

Thanks is advance.. :happy:

Replies

• Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Homemade Avocado dip with multi-grain chips or all vegetable chips
  • LoriL41
    LoriL41 Posts: 8
    Options
    It's not a fancy recipe, but I like to bring shrimp cocktail!
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com.....tons of amazing delicious healthy recipes!!!
  • lval82
    lval82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I recommend trying something from hungrygirl.com. All of the recipes are low in calories and high on fiber. There are recipes for desserts, party foods, appetizers (and meals). Hope this helps!
  • alleyopal
    alleyopal Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm bringing fruit pizzas to a party tomorrow. The sugar cookie is bad....BUT you can use the lowfat cream cheese & nonfat cool whip & top it with all sorts of yummy fruit. That's my spin on healthy :) Have fun and enjoy the party! Everyone deserves a splurge every once in a while. :)
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    Great, thanks! I'll try those websites...
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I LOVE panzanella salad. It has peppers (I use whichever is on sale, red or green), cukes, tomatoes, red onion and a vinaigrette with homemade croutons. It's The Barefoot Contessa Ina garten's recipe from the Food Network. I've added pasta to it and grilled chicken... It's delicious. You can modify it, make the croutons in the oven without the oil. I like to put a recipe in MFP and see what the real nutritional info is.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/panzanella-recipe/index.html
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com.....tons of amazing delicious healthy recipes!!!

I agree. I just made 2 dips from this site for a family party and everyone loved them! They practically licked the plates clean. I even had a few requests to make them again.