10 Months and 33.20 Kgs lost

Options
dags12
dags12 Posts: 11 Member
Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th. Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak. I now believe that nothing is impossible. If i can do it in spite of AVN of the hip joints ,grade 2 then..........

Replies

• southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work and attitude. Inspirational.
  • dags12
    Options
    Thank You :)
  • dags12
    Options
    A few progress pix of my journey!
  • subella65
    subella65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Inspirational - thank you and congratulations!
  • freedomofnow
    freedomofnow Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Looking good! What exercise are you doing alongside the diet?
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job - so agree with your post !
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Love your Quote!
  • dags12
    Options
    Looking good! What exercise are you doing alongside the diet?

I was a jogger in my previous life. Thats before i was diagnosed with Avascular Necrosis of both the Hip joints. Had a Core decompression surgery 5 years back in Sept 2011 and after that I was put on crutches. I was allowed to swim and cycle. So i started with swimming, which incidentally i love, and slowly progressed to swimming laps for an hour. But I am in Kolkata, India and heated swimming pools are not available. So i started out with stationary cycling at my local gym. Once my leg muscles were trained and strengthened i started walking, albiet with crutch support. Now a days i target getting in 10 k steps( with crutches) and 45 minutes of stationary cycling 3/4 times a week. I tried out strength training but as luck would have it had an ingenual hernia which had to be operated in June 2016. The surgeon advised me to lay off any form of weight training for atleast 12 weeks. I am planning to start a bit of strength/weight training from Jan 2017.
  • dags12
    Options
    Love your Quote!

Thank You !
  • dags12
    Options
    subella65 wrote: »
    Inspirational - thank you and congratulations!

Thank You !
  • dags12
    Options
    jbatinker wrote: »
    Great job - so agree with your post !

Thank you !
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You have done so well! Well done, your hard work has definitely paid off :smile:
  • dags12
    Options
    You have done so well! Well done, your hard work has definitely paid off :smile:
    Thanks a ton!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • dags12
    Options
    suemcmurry wrote: »
    Congrats!!

Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!