Best workout to lose leg and butt???

Options
Hi guys. I'm VERY new to working out and stuff, and I was wondering if anybody knows and good workout/exercises to lose weight and tone the butt and leg area?? Thanks soo much!!

Replies

• a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Losing your leg and butt sounds like an extreme way to drop pounds to me.

Seriously though, I've got two tips.

1) Weight loss is about 99% what you eat. It's easier to avoid eating a calorie than it is to burn that same calorie off. So dietary deficit is the way to go to cut down fat.

2) If it's "toning" you want, then you'll need to strength train. Lifting heavy weights on an established program is best, but if you're limited in access then body weight exercises will certainly get you started.

I'd suggest you pick up a copy of Strong Curves by Bret Contreras. Legs and (especially) butt are his specialty.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Eat in a calorie deficit and do some form of strength/resistance training and you'll lose from all over.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, glute bridges, lunges, eat less, walking, running, cycling, swimming, kick-backs, no seriously eat less, progressive resistance, it's all about eating less, hip thrusts, moar squats, cut out excess calories, and squat
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    paige_cull wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm VERY new to working out and stuff, and I was wondering if anybody knows and good workout/exercises to lose weight and tone the butt and leg area?? Thanks soo much!!

Calorie deficit, you can't spot reduce
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Yup. Calorie deficit is most important. Do a progressive lifting program to retain muscle. I'm bottom heavy but lost 4 inches off my hips by eating at a small deficit & lifting consistently. I have definition in my legs for the first time ever.
  • kayte56789
    kayte56789 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to this and also want to loose leg and butt fat. Do you want to be friends? I really like doing squats, lunges, pulses, and the bridge for indoor stuff. I also run a lot that helps a lot.