Workout Ideas

Options
Im currently just starting my weight loss journey. As im currently working a and eyelash technician and training to be a manicurist, i spend most of my day sitting down.
my work schedule usually starts 11am-4pm.

just want some suggestions for any quick yet effective workouts,
i do have an elliptical at home, but haven't really been using it since i got it.

any suggestions either for the elliptical or general workout ideas? Thanks :smile:

Replies

• mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'd say use the elliptical, but going out for a jog or run is more fun to me. You can listen to music while you run. If you do end up running outside, the air can be cold this time of year, so you may want to get something to cover your mouth like a scarf, or one of those ski mask looking things. Also try to land more- so towards the front of your foot so your calves absorb some impact and take stress off your joints.
    If you rather stay inside, you could do body-weight squats, push-ups and crunches and get on the elliptical a little too. I find the elliptical a little boring, so you might want to find something to watch while you're on it.
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    YouTube has a ton of Vids. Check out fitnessblender.com. as well.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Walking to the fridge is a great workout. Very satisfying.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Run.... and Google bodyweight exercises
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Get on a structured program, starting strength, strong curves, Texas method, wendler 5/3/1. Get on an actual program and cut out the guess work. Choose it based on your goals. Do not buy weightloss belts, fat burners, or stomach dat reducing drinks. They are all snake oil and won't do anything for you.
  • ehennen655
    ehennen655 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out dancefitnesswithjessica on YouTube. She also has a page on Facebook. She incorporates excercises with dancing. Does ALOT of squats in the songs she dances to. A lot of good songs to choose from as well. I tend to get bored easily with workouts and these are a blast!