Apple Watch not syncing

Options
Hello,

I got a new phone and noticed yesterday I don't think it's tracking from my Apple Watch properly. For example I'm 284 lbs and did a little over 12,000 steps and am showing 1100 active calories burned with working out but myfitness pal is only showing a 170 calories burned

Replies

• daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Think it's a bug in the latest update. I've had same problem. Very annoying!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I find that restarting the phone app often jogs a synch. Sometimes my workouts/steps don't come through until I do that.
  • fenton3288
    fenton3288 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks they are coming through but not like before. So for instance 10,500 steps a week ago was like 350 calories in MFP. Now 11,000 is like 149 calories. Doesn't make sense.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I think your calories for steps before were too high, was it possibly doubling up somehow? I only get 350 calories for exercise adjustments if I run on the treadmill for a while.
  • 321sjs
    321sjs Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I too was having issues with a sudden decrease in calories earned for steps. A couple of days ago when I reached nearly 14,000 steps, MFP gave me a whopping 38 calories! I finished that day with over 19k steps, yes over 10 miles, and MFP gave me 127 calories earned. Sorry but that many steps don't happen by casually walking around the house, I have to work for them! No, my calories were not being doubled up as I did strength training that day. I have seen a significant decrease in calories earned for steps since November 11 when there was an update to MFP. I emailed MFP support and today I received this reply:

Thank you very much for your patience while we reviewed your concern and consulted with our engineering colleagues to understand the change you’ve reported.

After updating to version 7.5 of the MyFitnessPal app for iOS, some users who track their step count with the iPhone’s motion sensor, or with Apple Watch, noticed a decrease in the calorie adjustment earned from their steps. This change is the result of an improvement in our step tracking process and is a more accurate depiction of the estimated calorie burn than in previous MyFitnessPal versions.

Please let us know if you have further questions, or if we can support you in any way.

All the best,
    Hank
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Hmmm, if I only eat back half of my exercise calories I need to decide if I should consume them all at once or spread it out over the day. Lol