Well, here goes...

Options
I'm Niki, hoping to make the most of this app so I guess that includes posting an awkward introduction on a discussion board :)

Replies

• micayla75
    micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Nikie! Welcome and good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend I'd you would like. I've been trying to lose weight for 2 years, but am relatimely new to the community aspect. I have found that being more active in the community aspect does help me stay focused.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I agree with Micayla, being active in the community groups does help, it is not only a source of information but helps you keep motivated. Request sent.
  • RonnieLynch1
    RonnieLynch1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nikki, I have always been very fit and active. Made a career change last year and with learning the new responsibilities and attending school I neglected my body. Well I had some lab work done and it wasn't good. That motivated me to change. This website has been a great tool. I'm just now beginning to interact within the community and I can see some positive benefits from this as well. In the past 6 weeks I have shed 14 pounds, I'm more energetic, feel better, getting my flexibility back. Its been great. Best of luck to you in your journey.
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A warm welcome to you, Niki, and all the best on your fitness journey!
  • barry_b12
    barry_b12 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'll chime in and agree with the others. I started logging my calories a couple years ago - and it was helpful but it can be tedious so I lost track after a while. I'm back now but decided to jump into the community a bit more and though I've been reading more than posting, friendships and seeing the efforts of others played out are both inspirations to help bring me back. As long as I know I'm going to log whatever I consume, I think twice about it and that is the first step. Good luck to you and 'Welcome' :)
  • joenimation
    joenimation Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you want. Lost more than 20 lbs since I started in late August.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The food diary is very valuable. The food database is very valuable. The Community is orders of magnitude more valuable than the value of the food diary times the value of the food database.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome new awkward one!