stress ?

Options
what is your best method for dealing with stress? What do you do to "unwind" and/or blow off steam?

I feel like I am living in a pressure cooker, and my usual stuff isn't working/helping any more. For sure, working out is saving my life-it's the ultimate stress release....but it doesn't seem to be enough, right now.

Replies

• Abott715
    Abott715 Posts: 9
    Options
    Have you tried a long walk or hike? I am not talking about kick butt work out, I'm talking about relaxing stroll. Have you've stop to smell the roses? Have you've done something nice for yourself?
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? There are many meditation apps out there. I have one for iPhone called Simply Being that costs 99 cents. You can set it for five, ten or twenty minutes (I think that's as high as it goes; I usually do it for only five minutes cuz I don't have a lot of time and don't imagine you do either)!

Sometimes at work I will literally go and "take five" in a bathroom stall and listen to the app. It's a great way to slow down and put things into perspective. I hope you find something that works for you!!!
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Singing your favorite song, taking lavendar baths, drink some tea that helps with stress like passions fruit or chamomille :)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I cardio until I dont remember why I was frustrated or mad in the first place. I find the stress just melts away....
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I also am running into the same problem. Working out doesn't seem to clear out the stress as well as it has in the past. I need some new ideas, too!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I put on some headphones and blast my brains out with some really hard rock for an hour or so. Not good for my ears, but great to relieve stress. Dunno if it will work for you, but it works everytime for me.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Have you tried learning to knit. It is a great way to relieve stress. I promise. There are lots of videos online. I will IM you a great website. I learned 4 years ago and I promise it saved my life. (You think I exaggerate). Another benefit is that you end up with a nice little something when your finished.