Eating back calories from excersising when you're not hungry

Options
I know there are already a lot of posts on this, but I just wanted to ask a different variation. Is it neccessary to eat back your calories even if you're not hungry? Yesterday I had like 600 calories left, and I just wasn't hungry for the rest of the day, so I didn't eat anything else. I felt fine today, maybe a little more hungry than usual, but not really. Is it bad to have this many calories left? I understand why you're supposed to eat them back, but I feel like it doesn't make sense if you're not hungry.
Any input would be appreciated :) Thanks!

Replies

• Kadams0314
    Options
    If your not hungry then dont eat them. If I am not hungry then I dont touch my earned points.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it becomes a reoccurring theme. 600 calories is a lot to miss out on, but if it's just one day, it probably won't make or break anything.
  • bigbrownkid
    Options
    what if its every day?
  • Ms_Blondie
    Ms_Blondie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    See, I thought since you exercised those calories off you dont eat them back. Im new to this whole thing so I didnt know that. So even if you walk or run or whatever you may do those calories off, your supposed to eat them back?
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I dont always eat them back. Like you - sometimes Im just not hungry. Other days I am starving so it seems
  • sscrandol
    sscrandol Posts: 3
    Options
    As long as you are eating at least 1300 calories a day do not worry about eating them back. The point of exercising is to burn more calories than you are using.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm consistently down 300-600 calories some days 1000+

Could I eat them? Yes perhaps I could, but why would I stuff myself with high calorie foods if I don't need to? It has been working for me so far so no reason to change it. If I ever feel not great or lack of energy or something I'll pay more attention to it but so far the opposite is true.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I dont. I have an 813net today due to exercise, I'm not hungry so I'm not eating them back. I don't make it an every day thing that I let my net be under 1200 but if I'm not hungry, im not going to force feed myself.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    If its late and I don't wanna eat anymore then I don't. have a slightly bigger breakfast. Your body will do the rest and balance itself out :) If I am really low like say 800-900 left over I will just have a cup of milk with protein powder after I have digested everything else. This gives me calories keeps me a bit full but mostly like a glass of milk a the end of the night. but then skip the bigger breakfast haha
  • rigarc00
    rigarc00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you work out and raise your heart beat above fat burning, then it's normal that you'll get hungry later on. Your body will metabolize carbs you eat over any fat stores if your hear rate is too high (the chemical reaction needed to burn fats includes oxygen which is in your blood stream, hence it there is no blood supplied then it will burn more of your carbs). The key is to lower your heart rate and burn the body fats, the carbs you intake during the day are for nutritious purposes (vitamins, proteins, etc.). But if you're hungry, eat the carbs you need to eat, you probably worked out too hard and your body needs to replenish. There's nothing worst than a work out with no energy in your system.
  • Takotorau
    Takotorau Posts: 28
    Options
    Do what feels right for you on the day.