the "you should weigh ? in five week"

Options
I was wondering if anyone has actually tracked their weight to see if the five week thing is correct. It seem like such a low number.
I would love if some have found it to be correct. I find it to be a good reward when I finish my log for the day. I have been working on my calorie counting and adjusting my intake. And I think I will need to start straight up measuring to make sure I get the calories right. And if the Five week weight thing is right I will lose really fast.

Thanks all who answer

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Everyone metabolizes differently. I find the five week statement to be highly motivating, but honestly, I haven't tracked every bite of food, and since I'm hypothyroid, I can't really expect a computer to figure out how my weight loss is going to go.

Even though I haven't lost as much as the tracker says I will, I am still losing, and it is wonderful.
  • whitespirit1
    Options
    I'd love to think it is entirely correct!

As with most methods to losing weight (MFP being the best by far :wink: ), projected weight loss is generally a prediction. With this, is takes on board your body weight, your calorie intake and what you're expected to weigh,

It would be great if somebody does follow this up! Like you said, it is such a greta reward to see that in 5 weeks you could lose that much! :smile:
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Mine was more correct when I first started, and I was losing more quickly than I am now. I'm pretty much stuck at the moment. But I have checked on occassion (I like to record the estimation in my food notes), and it was pretty accurate there for a while. I'm hoping to get back on track soon!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I tryed it once,and showed up on my calender today,said I should be at 200 today,but I'm 5 lbs away,a little off,but happy to know I'm not to far away!!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    its not accurate at all...
    after about 5 weeks of everyday MFP telling me id end at the same weight. (about 10 pounds lighter) i weighed the same. =[
    very upsetting. i thought i was doing well aswell.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It was actually correct for me. It said I would be down 10 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm set to lose 2 lbs per week and I did!
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's so motivating! I bet it would be right for me if I ate the same everyday, but I'm never really all that close to my calorie goal (minus 200 - 300), so it's always very low. I've never been able to stay motivated and not eat everything in sight for 5 weeks to test it for real, but I'm going to. Yesterday, it said I would be down 19 pounds in 5 weeks.

Hmm.... I doubt it, but we shall see.
  • hollyindallas
    hollyindallas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOL it hasn't worked a bit for me. My numbers keep going up....I'd love to lose that whole 2.5 lbs in 5 weeks
  • pickulz76
    pickulz76 Posts: 41
    Options
    Im tracking it now...and have it marked on my calendar to check that day....im not very hopeful...but we shall see!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I started copying it into the notes section at the beginning of june. On june 3rd, it said 196.0. 5 weeks later I was at 195.8.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Great!
    I am glad I can keep it as a motivator.
  • beachbum45
    beachbum45 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    unfortunately it has not worked for me.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    it is working for me, so far I believe. I have been here around 3 weeks and eating 900 calories my first day (at least recorded) it said I would weigh 98.5 pounds in 5 weeks. I am at 105 today...I finally got over a plateau today, and only need 6.5 pounds until I reach the "you should weigh" weight. ..I started measuring what I eat to be more accurate and believe I will reach the 5 week goal like I was told by MFP. ^.^