Recommended fitness tracker / fitness watch?

Options
sugarlyze
sugarlyze Posts: 17 Member
edited November 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm looking into Fitbit, Garmin and Samsung Gear. I've heard a lot about the Fitbit Charge 2, but all the other wristwears are also compelling and worth considering. I work 9 to 7, five days a week and I usually go to the gym before work. My weight has been gaining since working overtime and having late night dinner. Need a wristwear that constantly measures every calories I burned, my quality of sleep and step count. One that measures the body water percentage would also be great.

Thanks guys :)

Replies

• MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i had 4 fitbits. all broke.
    i am now wearing a tomtom spark cardio and wish i had just bought it to begin with
  • archon
    archon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I time my exercise duration to guesstimate calorie burn - if its cardio I times it by 10 so 45 minutes of kettlebells would be 450 calories. If its strength training i half that, so 45 minutes of 5x5 stronglifts would be 225 i know that it takes me 35 minutes to do 5k and 20 minutes to walk a mile - (I'm no great athlete... )

Not scientific and not over complex but free and I saw a week by week drop in weight by accurately logging my food

But if you are looking to spend on a fitness gadget i expect you are really interested in the minutia of the data
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I love stats and numbers, and I'm really enjoying my Charge 2. That said, it's a lot of money if you're not a data junkie like me. :smile: