New girl here

Options
mjboswell
mjboswell Posts: 114 Member
I just started eating better, or at least trying to, and exercising today. More than loosing pounds I want to lower my body fat percentage. I start back to school August 22nd so I need to get a schedule and plan now while life is not so hectic. Any tips or suggestions for eating on the go would be great. I will be commuting 1 hour and 20 minutes one way, plus I am taking 14 units. I will only be home for breakfast and dinner. That means I need to figure out what to eat in between classes with little time. Oh yeah and I won't be able to keep the food cold or hot, it will have to be on my person. Knowing how to handle that seems very daunting to me. Thanks for the support.

Replies

• wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site...for me, I take my total daily calories and divide by five and eat five small meals. eating small but often keeps you metabolism churning and fired up burning calories and fat...
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    fruits and veggies! and if you aren't really worried about sodium, you can nab some jerky. There is also protein bars, peanut butter all kinds of stuff! Look at what cyclist eat on rides that will help.
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you could pack some food with a cold pack to keep cold. I remember taking my lunch some days when I was in school. Plan ahead and pack the night before.
  • mjboswell
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Those are great tips and I will be taking the advice.
  • BeachGirl6871
    BeachGirl6871 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    welcome!! this is a great place to vent, chit chat and get tips! best of luck!
  • mjboswell
    Options
    Wbond, I noticed you are doing insanity. When did you start? I started today, with the fitness test. It is going to be hard. How do you know how many calories you are burning? I guessed at how many calories I burned then logged them as if I had burned them running.