Looking for friends doing IF

Options
Hey everyone!! I'm new here and have plan on doing Intermittent fasting 16:8 and DDPYOGA starting Monday. I'd like to find friends and connect with Pals that are doing it at the moment (IF) and looking for any advices, either on IF or/and DDPYOGA as well!!!

Let's help and motivate each other!!!

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add my. My eating window is 2pm to 8pm
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm adding all and others feel free to add me too. My eating window is 12:30-8:30PM.
  • karenstep
    karenstep Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting IF 16:8 myself and would love to have others to do this with. My window is 10am to 6pm. I'll add you all, feel free to add me!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My eating window is typically 2-10. Feel free to add me. I have found this way of eating really works for me.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My eating window is 1pm to 8 pm; 17/7. It's made all the difference for me. Good luck!!
  • gregraz1
    gregraz1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just curious why everyone uses 16:8? I generally go 24hr once a week.
  • alyssa0061
    Options
    gregraz1 wrote: »

I like to eat every day
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just moved from 16:8 to 5:2, but the leap can be steep for a new comer. I spent a few months contemplating the switch until I did it.

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

I work out daily and dont feel good doing something like Insanity on a day when I havent eaten anything. So I have a pre-workout shake and then one large meal, on days with weights I eat at maintenance or just above it. I've been able to add muscle and get in better shape this way while still losing 16lb. My goal has never been just to lose weight
  • mecoconleche
    mecoconleche Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey there, IF user here; I don't have a set eating window, however, whenever I wake up I fast for 4-8 hours! I have lost over 47lbs this way
  • suecan71
    suecan71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've also just started 16:8 and my eating window is 12-8pm although I do tend to not eat after about 6pm. I've lost 7lbs in 2 weeks which I'm really pleased with especially as I suffer from Hypothyroidism. Finding it really easy to eat between these times and am no longer hungry at what used to be breakfast time. Good luck :-)
  • marshars1
    marshars1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Add me in
    I m starting from monday
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow as well. I will add you if I can!
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just curious if anyone has tricks to stop eating after 8 pm. I'm struggling with night time eating.
  • alyssa0061
    Options
    Just curious if anyone has tricks to stop eating after 8 pm. I'm struggling with night time eating.

I like to eat at night. That's why I don't start my window until 2pm and save the majority (1,000+) for the evening. For me it's not about not eating at night, it's about making sure I have the calories to do it.
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »

I like to eat at night. That's why I don't start my window until 2pm and save the majority (1,000+) for the evening. For me it's not about not eating at night, it's about making sure I have the calories to do it.

Same. I save most of mine for the evening, but having trouble stopping at my calorie limit, so I thought setting a "kitchen closed" time would help.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »

I do the same thing. Some nights I stop eating by 7pm but regardless, I wait until 2-3pm to eat. Some nights I eat until 9pm. I eat 300-500 calories at 3, don't feel hungry again until 6-7, when I can eat 700-1000 calories and I'm full enough I don't want to eat more. This schedule, combined with being in ketosis, have been great for my weight loss and mind.