Swimming

Options
I have a new pool and would like to take advantage of some water aerobics..Tips, Tricks, Websites?????

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    search water exercise on Amazon. LOADS of books and DVDs there....
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    There are tons of water aerobic exercises - one of the easiest, and the one I prefer to do if I have no other alternatives is to "straddle" a noodle (like riding a horse) and "bicycle" around the pool for an hour. I pump my arms and bike my legs...it's great exercise.

There are resistance dumbells you can get (probably at a sporting goods store) to work out your arms and legs, and a ton of other things...but bicyling around on my noodle is the cheapest and most fun!!!
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    There are tons of water aerobic exercises - one of the easiest, and the one I prefer to do if I have no other alternatives is to "straddle" a noodle (like riding a horse) and "bicycle" around the pool for an hour. I pump my arms and bike my legs...it's great exercise.

I'm going to try that today but I may have to straddle 3-4 noodles not to drown. :tongue:
    Jason
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    :wink: That sounds awesome...buying a noodle tomorrow for sure!!!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    The other day we had a big beach ball in the pool. It started out with me and the husband trying to touch the ball to the bottom of the 5 foot, which was loads of fun and quite impossible. Then we sat atop our balls and raced across the pool. If we fell off we lost, and you really get your heart rate going and strengthen core too :) And omg it was sooo fun.