Any new moms looking to lose baby weight....

Hi.....looking for new moms....I have a 6 week old at home, and I'm finding everything a challenge.....eating healthy mKes me feel good psychologically on top of physically. I have at least 50 lbs to lose and for now that's my long term goal. My short term goal is to lose the baby weight.....16 pounds. Just looking for daily motivation.

Replies

• stephrivas84
    stephrivas84 Posts: 40 Member
    I have a 9 month old and I know what you mean. Looking for help with motivation too.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I'll be there soon! (3 weeks) I can't wait for the challenge of getting the lifting body back.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Add me! I'm a mother of a six month old and need to lose about 17 lbs to get to pre-baby weight. I started back to exercising and eating well about a month ago and I've lost 3 lbs. I'm always posting and I have an open diary.
  • mimitvass
    mimitvass Posts: 21 Member
    Im a newer mom I have a 16 week old baby and I also still need to lose the weight from my first baby that is 3 years old. I am done with this extra weight and want to get my life back. So 40 lbs to go. I have been doing pretty well since setting off on this weight loss journey I would love to motivate anyone in the process and it would help me too!
  • ashleighhowat
    ashleighhowat Posts: 5 Member
    I have a 1 year old and still needing to lose weight.. only managed to lose 11lbs since May this year!!! Every time I start focusing on weight loss something pops up in life and I totally derail... back to trying again with 53lbs to lose.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Hi my name is Ashley I am a mom of a 2 year old. I'm starting a before the bird challenge starting November 1st if you wanna join let me know :)

Any details about this challenge?
  • DeidreNix
    DeidreNix Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in the same boat as well. I have a now 8 month old and a 3 year old and I'm still holding on to baby weight from my oldest. I'm tired of being tired and want to be healthy and able to keep up with my active kiddos. My ultimate goal is just overall health, so looking to lose fat and add muscle, regardless of weight. Would love to have some buddies to add as friends and keep each other motivated!
  • hbarnes1216
    hbarnes1216 Posts: 65 Member
    I have a 9 month old and 4 year old. I need to lose the 10-20 lbs I gained before having my first kid. I just can't seem to stick with it. I want to be able to wear the clothes in my closet that I haven't touched in over 5 years.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Hi I have a 7 month old and 50 lbs to drop too.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Hi I have 5 month old twins and a 3yo...30 lbs to go
  • TabithaLK
    TabithaLK Posts: 5 Member
    I have a 1 week old and 19 month old. I'm just starting to figure out my approach to lose the pregnancy weight this time around. With my older daughter I used MFP and got down to my prepregnancy weight just in time to get pregnant again. I'm interested in finding support, especially from others that are breastfeeding.
  • evahudnell
    evahudnell Posts: 13 Member
    I am also a new mom. Just about to hit my 6 week post cesarean mark and am looking for motivation and new mfp friends for my journey. I have 40-50 pounds to lose. I'm currently 190 lb and am hoping to get down to 140-150 lb.
  • Yup - I have a 9 week old at home also about 40 pounds to lose. Working out 6x a week trying to eat healthy! We can do it fellow mommies!