Any other MFP preggos trying to gain a healthy amount of weight?

Hi! I've been on MFP off and on for awhile, but I wasn't sure where else to post this - I'm pregnant so I've signed back on in hopes of trying to have the healthiest pregnancy possible for both me and the growing baby. Anybody else in the same boat?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I was recently but just had my baby girl... I managed to keep the weight gain to about 25lbs. Now I am post-partum and breastfeeding.
  • collettely4
    collettely4 Posts: 32 Member
    Congratulations! That's wonderful! If I may ask, did you keep logging through your pregnancy and, if so, did you find it helpful?
  • Christy_111
    Christy_111 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi there, I was looking for other people pregnant and logging for a healthy weight gain :)

I have been doing this on and off through the pregnancy. It really helps! How far along are you?
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Hi yes I'm around 10 weeks pregnant and trying to keep track of what I eat so it doesn't get out of control!

I put on three stone with my second child six years ago and still haven't lost it so I'm being careful now although with the nausea I've been suffering I can't overeat at all and have gone off a lot of my favourite foods.

I cut the gym for a few weeks but hope to start going regularly again once I feel less sore, tired and sick.

How far along are you?
  • rebeccavh
    rebeccavh Posts: 29 Member
    Hi there!! Feel free to add me. I am currently almost 20 weeks pregnant. I'm trying to stay moving and eat healthy. I know at 15 weeks I was only up 2 lbs. I go this coming Thursday I think I'll be up at least 5 more but we will see. I'm trying to not weigh in at home
  • collettely4
    collettely4 Posts: 32 Member
    I'm right at 12 weeks right now - my weight has been up and down since September but I know I need to start mindfully putting on a bit once I hit the second trimester. I certainly know how to gain a lot of weight (eep) but I'm hoping to do it in a controlled, healthy way and not a "eating for two means double, right" way. :wink:
  • Ickle_Star
    Ickle_Star Posts: 19 Member
    Hi girls, I'm pregnant with my second and 14 weeks in. With my first I didn't bother recording what I ate and I did okay - I ate mostly good food and exercised normally until I was 6 months, then after that I just walked a lot. The baby was huge and I subsequently lost the weight after the baby was born in a few months.

Now with my second I find it impossible to exercise as I'm constantly tired from looking after my baby boy. He doesn't sleep well which is a huge thing for me. So I'm hoping to reply on food mostly to keep my weight gain on track.

Feel free to add me. I look forward to getting to know you and motivate each other along our pregnancy journey.

xox
  • Christy_111
    Christy_111 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey girls, I'm pregnant with number 3 and almost 28 weeks along. Trying hard to gain steady and not too much like I did with the first to babies (about 40-45lbs in total with baby1 and about 50-55lbs total with baby2). I didn't log or exercise with the first two but am with this pregnancy. Currently on target with weight gain though, hope it stays that way! Feel free to friend me, looking for other mamas to join in my journey and mutually encourage one another :)
  • lalij148
    lalij148 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey!!I am also pregnant with baby #3. I gained about the same amount at you with my first two.... I don't to gained much this time around. I'm 8 weeks.
  • lalij148
    lalij148 Posts: 5 Member
    Sorry about the misspelling... this auto correct :/
  • jennydom2000
    jennydom2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ladies. Can I join too? I'm having my first bubba and I am 9 weeks pregnant. It took me 10 years to get this far! So I'm trying to make sure I keep my diet and exercise in check, as I never eat enough fresh fruit and veggies. I'd love some tips from you ladies?
  • Hello all! I'm 19 weeks - I would love some pregnant MFP friends!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Congratulations! That's wonderful! If I may ask, did you keep logging through your pregnancy and, if so, did you find it helpful?

Thanks :) I did not log during pregnancy, I just ate what I wanted when I wanted and listened to my body. I also worked out during my pregnancy, lifting and light cardio.
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Hey girls, I'm pregnant with number 3 and almost 28 weeks along. Trying hard to gain steady and not too much like I did with the first to babies (about 40-45lbs in total with baby1 and about 50-55lbs total with baby2). I didn't log or exercise with the first two but am with this pregnancy. Currently on target with weight gain though, hope it stays that way! Feel free to friend me, looking for other mamas to join in my journey and mutually encourage one another :)

Hi im curious , How much have u gained so far . Im 29 weeks also and have gained 17 pounds so far i was wondering if thats u too? More or less
  • rayner448
    rayner448 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey ladies, I'm pregnant with my second baby. A little boy. I'm 34 weeks and gradually gaining weight. I've put on about 2.5 stone so far but even though that sounds a lot I think it's pretty much baby weight and boobs lol. I gained 4 st with my daught who is now 4 and was determined to not do the same. I am otherwise very active and a massive user of the gym although I have bad spd and therefore I am unable to do what I usually love to do. I stay active by staying on my feet/housework/walking etc and hope in these last 5 weeks that I don't gain too much. Hence why I downloaded this app!!
    I'm having an elected c section around xmas time as my daughters birth was long and traumatic!!
    Hope everyone is ok :) xx
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    I also find mfp for helping to stay fit while pregnant. Pregnancy apps don't have the same functionality. As long as you manually adjust your calorie goals you're good to go.
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Hey ladies. Can I join too? I'm having my first bubba and I am 9 weeks pregnant. It took me 10 years to get this far! So I'm trying to make sure I keep my diet and exercise in check, as I never eat enough fresh fruit and veggies. I'd love some tips from you ladies?

I find packing my lunch the night before is making a big difference for me. Even if I'm tired and don't want to it makes my next day better.
  • misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi ladies I'm currently 14+4 weeks with my 2nd . with my son I gained over 5st I went from 11st7 to over 16st. It caused so many health problems and was border line gestated diabetes.

I'm determined not to get like this time. I started this pregnancy off at 11st2 at 8 weeks I'd dropped to 10st7 . I'm now nearly 15wks and weighing 10st12.

I'm trying to stay active but finding it hard due to nausea and sickness.

Please feel free to add me x
  • steph67impala
    steph67impala Posts: 1 Member
    Hi ladies I am new to logging, and am currently 6 weeks pregnant. With my son I gained about 20-25 pounds, but didn't lose any of it thanks to breastfeeding I was always hungry. With this pregnancy I am trying not to gain too much and was actually told by my Dr that a 10 pound gain would be best for an easy delivery. I am slowly giving up carbs and after Thanksgiving will try to give them up fully.

You can add me, but I am still new and trying to remember to log everything.
  • w_dupie
    w_dupie Posts: 1 Member
    Long time prior member and currently 20+6 pregnant with twin boys :) I re-upped my account because to keep myself honest with what I'm eating and the attributable calories. My doctor told me I should gain around 25 lbs (even with twins!) and I'm already at a 17lb gain. For the most part, it appears only in my gut but that number scared the donut right out of my hands.

Congrats to all the fellow hosts to these adorable parasites!