Changing gears at 62.

Options
I am a yoyo dieter. What I wouldn't give to weigh what I started at so many years ago on a quest to thinness. Now it is a quest of healthy living. At present I want to change eating habits. A normal BMI would be 25 for me I am at 34.

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Kay you can do it!!

• Tunsji
    Tunsji Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your plan to change eating habits is the key. There is really no quick fix. I am planning to stay here, log my results and keep cheering for my new friends in here. Together and with patience - we WILL make it!
    .... this is not only loosing weight - this is gaining a better and longer life.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You can do this Kay good luck
  • Kay54lynne
    Kay54lynne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody. You are my support group. Today will be 1600 cal. a 30 min walk and 8 glasses of water.
  • Kay54lynne
    Options
    I did well. 1400 cal and 30 min walk but only 1 glass of water
  • Kay54lynne
    Options
    I realize it is only water weight but 5 pounds less this morning. Know I shouldn't weigh everyday but I can't help it. Realize no need to sit here and put this out on computer but it fools me into thinking I'm conversing with others. Rantings of an old woman!
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Kay54lynne wrote: »
    I realize it is only water weight but 5 pounds less this morning. Know I shouldn't weigh everyday but I can't help it. Realize no need to sit here and put this out on computer but it fools me into thinking I'm conversing with others. Rantings of an old woman!

Please, 62 is not old! You can get in shape and run a marathon if you want, or anything else. Don't pull that negative number on yourself. You've made a positive commitment to better health and are going in the right direction.

Weigh every day if you want and it keeps you on track.

Congrats on the 5 pound loss! Who cares if it's water or not? Those five pounds are gone now!
  • Kay54lynne
    Options
    Thank you. I do feel committed. ha ha can't see me running a marathon. That would floor my family and I would be so elated.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You are doing great
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Kay54lynne wrote: »
    Thank you. I do feel committed. ha ha can't see me running a marathon. That would floor my family and I would be so elated.

Keep it up Kay, you are doing great!
  • Coughlin691
    Coughlin691 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading through the introductory blogs, I feel like I've found my new home. I'm in a similar situation as Kay. Needing to restart my commitment and need friends to support me. Thanks,
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Hey Kay, how was your Friday?
  • alipsie19
    Options
    @Kay54lynne
    How are things going? Are you still changing gears? I hope so. Let me know.