Whole30 anyone?

Options
I'm going to do a solo Whole30 very soon, my family won't be participating. But I kind of wanted to have some support. Has anyone else been considering doing it, or want to do it with me?

Replies

• fitmomma99
    fitmomma99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the book now. Going to start Monday.
  • KarissaChew
    KarissaChew Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me! Starting tmr
  • kathleens87
    kathleens87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll start today!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's too restrictive for me, but I take my hat off to anyone who sticks it out. Best of luck :)
  • 502Monica
    502Monica Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday, my dermatologist and ENT recommended it for my eczema, asthma and allergies, among other things. I'm on day 3.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 works VERY well. Go for it
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    How's it going, OP? Have you started?

I'm on Day 8. I feel good, but the only area I've really noticed an improvement in so far is my mood. But that alone, to me, has made this "diet" worth it (I use quotes because it's not, by today's definition, a diet).

I am so much happier in the morning, less irritable throughout the day, and even the commute home isn't as miserable. I am also making sure my meals are hearty and filling, not just chicken and lettuce but more wholesome dishes like egg casseroles and sweet potato hash, hearty chilis, etc. If you do it right, it's easy. The only thing I have missed is an evening glass (or two) of wine, but even giving that up hasn't been so bad. In fact, I think that's what's made the biggest difference.

Good luck! Feel free to DM me if you have any more questions or add me as a friend (same goes for anyone else who is considering doing W30).
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    on day 26 of w200. would like to find like-minded friends
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Elle! My GF and I are on Day 27! We started on New Years Day. We feel amazing! We'll be weighing in on Sunday or Monday to see where we've gotten.

GF has NOT been logging her food in MFP but looks to me like she dropped at least a few. I have been tracking everything and staying more or less within my macros, and I have to confess, I have cheated and peaked at the scale a few times! We love this WOE. We've also committed to spending a little extra from now on to go for organic produce and grassfed meat and pastured poultry. I quit smoking this past fall, so the money I'm saving is going toward better groceries.

We've also been working out regularly, which helps a LOT.

We will be continuing this indefinitely. GF will be adding back a little soy to see how it goes. She wants some non-meat protein alternatives, plus she can benefit from the phytos in soy...she's at that age!

Add me and I will help you however I can...best of luck!