Up 5lbs since wednesday

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I think you should celebrate spending a weekend having fun and enjoying life! :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    do5qg8w9o18s.jpg

i can barely match @Sued0nim with 4.9lbs from sodium and food. Not DOMS, or anything good :smiley:
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Nearly three pounds from yesterday - had Sonic for lunch. No regrets.
  • isabellapanzica9387
    Options
    During my first two months loseing weight I used to use the beam scale at my gym one a week and saw constant weight lose. I went to my parents for the weekend and had hibachi. The next day I used their digital scale to double check if I was measuring myself correctly on the beam scale. I shocked when it read 5lbs more then it did the night before. I honestly thought I messed up measuring myself on the beam scale. Though when I weighed myself the week after (got a digital scale) it showed that I was weighing myself correctly with the beam scale.
  • Krislynell
    Krislynell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm up 10 pounds this am from Friday. :( I haven't been doing as well as I want to with CICO and even binge drank Miller Lites and Martin Potato Rolls (a PA thing) all weekend. I also think it's soon TOM (I had the uterine ablation and don't get it anymore. Sorry if tmi).

I really need to get back on track. :(
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    2 weeks of RFL, 2 consecutive depletion workouts followed by 12k calories and over 1500g carbs put me up just shy of 20lbs from one day to the next. That was an interesting day of eating.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Give some time to do Keto for a month and let me go ham and I can probably get a 15'er
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Up 6 lbs from thursday ! my birthday weekend - went off the wagon for 2 days but 6lbs no way!
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I was up 3.5 lbs yesterday. I went to my dad's for a family gathering Saturday night. I really tried to pay attention and not over do it. I'm assuming it was a few potato chips and maybe deli ham and turkey. At least today I'm down 2 of those 3.5 lbs. But still.....I don't like it.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    A couple suggestions, if I may:
    1. Check your water. Oddly enough, you may not be taking on enough water, so your body's holding onto what it has.
    2. Check your food for salt or nitrites. Either or both will make you retain fluid - hence the weight gain.
    3. Check the timing of your meals. Try to space about two hours between meals or between meals and snacks. Also keep the three-hour rule in mind. That is, don't go to bed until at least three hours after your last meal.
    4. To accelerate fluid flush, try either lemon juice or cranberry juice with water - about a 50/50 mix should do it. Make sure you have a clear path to the bathroom; you're gonna need it.

My guess is the answer to your weight gain is along one of those lines. A small tweak should straighten things back out.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    2 weeks of RFL, 2 consecutive depletion workouts followed by 12k calories and over 1500g carbs put me up just shy of 20lbs from one day to the next. That was an interesting day of eating.

Woah. Now that's impressive!

I was up 13lbs after two weeks on holiday. Long haul flights are not my water retaining friend. It was gone within a week.

I find hamstring DOMS worse than butt DOMS, trying to sit on the loo is traumatic with super sore hams!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

I was up 13lbs after two weeks on holiday. Long haul flights are not my water retaining friend. It was gone within a week.

I find hamstring DOMS worse than butt DOMS, trying to sit on the loo is traumatic with super sore hams!

The food consumption was more fun than the bloating & water retention. I think I spotted your thread on BR forum, unless someone has the same username as you.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I wish you could see my face right now. I am thoroughly impressed.

My most recent scale jump was 4 pounds after starting a new lifting program and some salty popcorn which followed a stir fry.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Hamstrings, glutes... I don't care. They both are awful to me.
  • dhockenberry1980
    Options
    I have about a five pound fluctuation all the time, I was told it could also be the amount of salt that you intake causing you to retain water, I guess just drink more coffee... its a diuretic haha
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

The food consumption was more fun than the bloating & water retention. I think I spotted your thread on BR forum, unless someone has the same username as you.

Indeed that's me, you spotted right. Fight Club rules and all that ;)
  • daz2270
    daz2270 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    11lbs in 3 (alcohol, sodium and carb laden days) is my record. Returned to normal in 5-6 days, but it what a bit of a shock at the time!