Need to lose 55 pounds

Options
Hi. My name is Christina and I am having health issues, so they tell me that I need to lose 55 pounds. I haven't been doing much exercise, but I have been living a Vegan lifestyle for only a short time. I am doing OK on it, although I need to still lose weight. I figured out that just because a person goes Vegan, it does not mean that they will automatically lose a lot of weight. LOL Anyone else out there who is going through what I am and needs to lose that kind of weight?

Replies

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 50lbs because of health issues also. I do not practice a vegan lifestyle just counting calories and not over eating which is my problem. I don't exercise I just try to get 10,000 steps a day.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    When I started in July I needed to lose 50 lbs, I am down 16 lbs (WOO). I am eating at 1450 calories and walking. I started playing pokemon go which is a great reason to walk.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    90% of weight loss is diet. I quit the gym after 2 years of no weight loss and dropped 36 pounds in 6 months with a radical change in diet. 55 pounds lost can be done safely in less than 7 months with no exercise!
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I lost 53 pounds so far and I never thought I could do it. If you need any tips or anything, feel free and message me. The biggest advice I can give you though is make a lifestyle that you can live with. It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle chance and it needs to be one you can live with and nothing too extreme. Also, you have days that are not as good, lacking motivation or you may eat something you shouldn't have, don't give up, keep going and learn. If you have to have cheat anything, have a cheat MEAL, not a day and do not do it often and honestly, referring to it as cheating makes it seem bad which it is not. Everything in moderation.
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Also, yes, you can lose weight without exercise but keeping it off will be tough. You can eat more when you exercise, you will feel better and live longer. Exercising keeps you healthy, you just have to find something you enjoy doing. I used to have a lot of pain in my lower back and knees and now I do not. If I have a couple days off exercise my stuff starts hurting again. Exercise is important.
  • beverly1325
    beverly1325 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I would like to lose 48 pounds! I have been successful with myfitnesspal in the past and allowed myself to gain back the 20 I had lost. My plan is to calorie count and attempt five 30 minute exercises per week. Good luck to all! We can do this!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I should lose 40-50 myself. Welcome!