Sugars

Options
One thing I've noticed that seems to influence my weight gains or losses is sugar. Anyone else notice anything like this? Weeks I do my best to keep my sugar intake down (i.e. not eating sugary snacks, treats, etc.) I do great. Weeks I seem to eat more sugary stuff I don't do as well, even if I consume the same amount of calories. Maybe it's just me or a coincidence, but just something I've noticed. Some weeks are a lot harder, but I'm doing A LOT better now compared to 6 months ago...

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm going with coincidence. It's a about your calorie deficit.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    For me, bread is the trigger that leads me down the path of carb-no return. I think that when you eat sugar/lots of processed carbs (which are already loaded with a ton of calories), you end up overeating because your body is still hungry for food.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Are your carb totals lower on weeks you don't eat the sugary stuff? If so, probably just water weight fluctuations.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I'm going with coincidence. It's a about your calorie deficit.

Yep, this.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Are your carb totals lower on weeks you don't eat the sugary stuff? If so, probably just water weight fluctuations.

That's what I was wondering. You can't really tell if those gains/losses are actual fat or just water weight.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!