Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    Breakfast recipe .. Kale Eggs

4 eggs
    2 kale leaves
    1/2 cup or so of shredded mozzarella
    1 tbsp of oilive oil

Heat skillet to medium, add olive oil and let it ... you know get it hot ... add kale leaves that you hopefully cut from the stem ... let it get all wilty and pour in your eggs ... make them like scrambled eggs until cooked to your liking and remove from stove ... add mozararella, let it melt

Serves 2

Oh yeah don't forget to season your eggs with Italian seasoning and a dash of cayenne pepper while they're still raw
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    You can also use kale to make colcannon. Once I jusr boiled the kale and onions in with the potatoes to contain all the flavors of the ingredients together
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You can substitute kale in any recipe that call for spinach. Kale will take longer to cook, and make sure you cut out the center rib as they mentioned above.
  • YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kale pesto is my jam!

Blanche your kale, then spin it up in your food processor with some EVOO, lemon juice, the nut of your choice (I like almonds here) and maybe some parm if you like. I eat it with pasta and fish. Delish!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i remember it being wonderful in a white bean soup i made once. i think it pairs well with potatoes as well
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the new Superfood Side that Chick-fil-A has on their menu that has kale in it. I was able to find a copycat recipe online. This recipe taste just slightly different but I still love it. If I can't find broccolini I just use broccoli.

Chick-fil-A Superfood Side

4 cups kale, loosely chopped or torn
    Maple vinaigrette , to your taste (recipe below)
    1 bunch broccolini, chopped
    1/2 cup dried cherries
    Roasted nuts, to your taste (I used walnuts)

Combine the kale, broccolini, dried cherries, and nuts in a large bowl.
    Add vinaigrette to the salad, and toss well. Note: I like tossing with the vinaigrette about 15 minutes before I serve it because the kale will soften in the vinagrette.
    Serve.

Maple Vinaigrette

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
    2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
    2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste

Whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, cider vinegar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season dressing with salt and pepper; whisk until the dressing is well blended.