Black coffee has calories?

Options
I dont know if i am choosing the wrong coffee option in foods but it just keep giving me calories in black coffee.
Does anybody know if black coffee have calories?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    yes, everything does.

It doesn't have a LOT of calories (about 2-3 calories depending on the serving size) which is why you often see it listed as "0" on the back of containers.

I'm not sure where you are, but in the US if the product has less than 5 calories per serving it can be listed as "0". So sugar free gum, diet soda, etc. all have less than 5 calories per serving.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Yes, surprisingly it does.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    yes, everything does.

It doesn't have a LOT of calories (about 2-3 calories depending on the serving size) which is why you often see it listed as "0" on the back of containers.

I'm not sure where you are, but in the US if the product has less than 5 calories per serving it can be listed as "0". So sugar free gum, diet soda, etc. all have less than 5 calories per serving.
    I try to tell people this nugget of truth, but either they don't believe me or they just don't want to believe me.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yes, so I log my coffee just like everything else... but it isn't enough to ruin my calorie goals.
  • crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't bother tracking my coffee calories - I drink it black too and it does have calories but very few. Calorie tracking and labelling is all approximations so don't worry about small numbers. Do assume you are eating more calories than you track though, to be safe.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I just barely figured this out, too. I'm only logging it to track how much caffeine I'm taking in. I wouldn't have figured, though.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    @CyberTone I never knew coffee had potassium. That makes my day!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Yep. Just a few but it does. You'd have to drink a hell of a lot of coffee for the 2-5 calories per cup to make much of a difference in your weight though! Usually it's all the added ingredients (creamer, sugar, syrups, etc) that really add the big calories.
  • MyWeigh58
    MyWeigh58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always log it because it's part of my breakfast meal, plus I log creamer or milk. If I drank it black I probably wouldn't be as diligent.
  • alwaysperky3288
    alwaysperky3288 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I found if I logged "Coffee - Black" the app added a bunch of calories and SUGAR. Now I use Black Coffee, No Sugar.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Yeah, like 2 calories...no biggie.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Hello. I found if I logged "Coffee - Black" the app added a bunch of calories and SUGAR. Now I use Black Coffee, No Sugar.

The app didn't do that. It was someone's custom entry for how they take their coffee.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

The potassium numbers are the only reason i log coffee and tea, every little bit counts :lol:
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I log about 12 calories in black coffee each day. I choose to log it because a lot of little things with very few calories can add up. Same reason I use a food scale.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

There's potassium in many foods, it just isn't required to be on the food label so you'd never know it unless you look it up.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    YEP ABOUT 50 CALORIES A DAY for me in Black coffee
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There are a number of entries where someone has added black coffee the way they have it (with sugar or whatnot) then added it to the database and clicked the "make public" box.

It gives me the screaming irrits. There should be a "Do you REALLY think the rest of the users need to be able to see this entry?" warning before people can inflict these entries on the public at large.