Polar and MyFitnessPal syncing issues!

Options
Is there anyone else that uses a Polar device/HRM and links it with MFP? I noticed that when the exercise calories from Polar are synced with MFP, it defaults to "Running (jogging), 9 mph (6.5 min mile)" instead of logging what I actually did. In my polar app I always log my sessions based on what I do (ex: Circuit training, strength training, etc.) But then when the calories burn are transferred over to MFP, it's telling people I ran. ....I don't run that much. lol

Anybody have a solution??

Replies

• greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My M400 does the same thing but it only for runs. If I log an elliptical workout then it transfers to MFP as elliptical. But, running logs 9 MPH every time. I have also noticed that I have sync with the Mobile app. My data will not transfer to MFP if I sync with the web app.
  • BrickiLee
    BrickiLee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    gsh0824 So if you log elliptical on the Polar Flow app (where it usually defaults to "other outdoor") it transfers over to your MFP diary correctly? I wonder what I'm doing wrong..
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use "Indoor Other" on my M400 while working out and change it to "Cross Trainer" in Polar Flow and it does sync over to MFP correctly. Here is what was posted to my Profile this afternoon after my work out.

GSH0824 burned 615 calories doing 67 minutes of Elliptical Trainer via Polar

Has far as the running issue I still haven't figured that out
  • NofatdaddyMike
    NofatdaddyMike Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Had this problem this past weekend with my M400. I did other indoor and it told me I ran 9 mph for so long. I changed it in flow and it stayed that way in MFP. It annoyed me so much. That is the way I roll. I don't run either, and didn't want people asking me why I ran that fast or if I really ran that fast. Weird.
  • danicamp33
    danicamp33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me with getting my exercises (training sessions) to automatically transfer to myfitnesspal after I sync? Only my steps seems to transfer from my Polar Flow
  • lolevai
    lolevai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar V800 and Flow-m connects the TrainingPeaks.
    But it is possible to direct interconnection as well. the Flow and MFP.
    Unfortunately, it does not work. Neither the Polar side either side of the MFP.

So sweet of data pass through, but not the daily activity.

Seeking a solution to this.

NofatdaddyMike! It could be a solution TrainingPeaks
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If you are using a Loop, everything will come up running or jogging. It has to be a device that you enter the exercise into and then sync with Polar Flow.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I use apple health to sync my exercise data across otherwise everything comes up running 9mph.