Low carb breakfast ideas

Options
I eat a lot of cottage cheese and eggs for bfast... I am looking for some alternative ideas that are lower in carbs?

What do you eat?

Thanks!

Replies

• purplesevens
    purplesevens Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    2 sausage patties/links, or a big chunk of ham, I love bacon but it can't fill me up. Sometimes a protein bar, though I know some ppl don't like them. But honestly I do have omelets, frittatas, or just scrambled eggs a lot of the time, I just change up the fillings all the time to make it different. I just can't do veggies for breakfast. I've just started making the flaxseed low carb bread and I want to make some for breakfast, either a sweet type with cinnamon, or regular with butter on it. Tomorrow I'm having no-dough cheesesticks for breakfast--but it's still made with eggs lol.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Remember that breakfast doesn't need to be the traditional foods. Sometimes I just have leftovers from dinner.

That being said, you can have salami with cheese and pickles.

You can make egg muffins in the oven with a little bit of cheese, ham, and green onion.

Devilled eggs is also an option.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and fried ham is one of my favorite breakfasts. I have mine with fruit (usually strawberries), but you could skip that and it'd still be good.
  • jnlamppert
    jnlamppert Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    protein pancakes: 1 egg, 1 scoop of protein, pinch of baking powder, a few drops of water to consistency. Lots of protein, no carbs, low fat. Can make almost 3 pancakes. top it with a few berries or have some yogurt on the side
  • ccjlgrider
    ccjlgrider Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs. Every day.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    At the moment, I'm a fan of a spoonful of creme fraiche, with some chopped hazelnuts or seeds, and maybe a couple of blackberries if I have them.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of things, but I often eat a vegetable omelet (2 eggs, feta cheese, spinach or some other green, broccoli or some other vegetable, maybe onions or mushrooms). Pretty low carb.
  • amysue135
    amysue135 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My go-to breakfast when watching carb intake is Protein Pancakes with Bacon.

I use vanilla Beverly International UMP protein powder.
    Mix 1 scoop UMP, 3 egg whites and a tablespoon of vanilla extract. Cook in a frying pan until golden brown. ..and to satisfy my sweet tooth I dip into a tablespoon of sugar free syrup.
    On the side: 2 slices of bacon, extra crispy.

All of this yields: 255 calories: 7g carbs, 35g protein, 10g fat, 2g sugar.

And its delicious!
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    amysue135 wrote: »
    My go-to breakfast when watching carb intake is Protein Pancakes with Bacon.

I use vanilla Beverly International UMP protein powder.
    Mix 1 scoop UMP, 3 egg whites and a tablespoon of vanilla extract. Cook in a frying pan until golden brown. ..and to satisfy my sweet tooth I dip into a tablespoon of sugar free syrup.
    On the side: 2 slices of bacon, extra crispy.

All of this yields: 255 calories: 7g carbs, 35g protein, 10g fat, 2g sugar.

And its delicious!

I do the same! It's fabulous!