What the heck do you put on a blueberry breakfast thin?

Options
colbiegirl
colbiegirl Posts: 138
I got the Thomas's 100 Calorie Blueberry Breakfast Thins because I miss blueberry bagels sooo bad, and this is the closest thing to them that won't break the bank of calories. I want to eat it for breakfast, obviously, lol, but I feel like putting some cream cheese on it would be cliche and not add much protein... So, with that said, what would you put on it? Or with it? To bring calories, protein, and all together nutrition with it?

I was thinking egg whites on the side, but eh... that will be my last resort besides the cream cheese. I can do better than that! Lol.

Replies

• dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I usually do either a pan cooked egg or a tablespoon of peanutbutter and 1/2 banana sliced.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    ooooooh- Greek Yogurt!!! I put greek yogurt, either plain with a little honey or flavored, on my bagel thins. It's a great substitute because it has a similar texture
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    you could do fat free cream cheese or you can use some type of yogurt?
    i like the idea of a fried egg though
  • kjosey1
    kjosey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    I would stick to what you like but use a fat free version. If it were me, I'd cook an egg white or 2, top it with turkey bacon and maybe use sugar free jelly or cream cheese as a condiment. Peanut butter and bananna is always a good option too!
  • colbiegirl
    Options
    Thanks guys! Seeing that these are blueberry, I'm not too sure how great peanut butter will taste with them... you know? I'll save the pb for the actual bagel thins I have in the freezer. I'm thinking I'll have 1/4 cup egg whites with it and maybe top it with some Polaner Blueberry Spread with Fiber. I'll be getting Fiber, Protein, and a delicious breakfast! Best of most worlds, lol.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would do fat free cream cheese...with a side of scrambled egg whites for some more protein & maybe some fruit. I tried the cinnamon raisin thins & this is what I did...it was good and not bad calorie wise.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Eat it w/ the cream cheese & make a couple scrambled eggs on the side.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I know not everyone likes it, but I like cottage cheese on my toast/bagels sometimes. My favorite is the kneudsens fat free kind, although I'm sure there are others who may have other suggestions too!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to make an egg white bagel sandwich with my blueberry bagel thins, but I haven't gotten them in a couple months. I like the combination of the sweet and savory. Peanut butter would go awesome with blueberry...kind of reminiscent of peanut butter and jelly!
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    I like the greek yogurt idea!!! I think I'll steal that one!! Never thought to put that on a bagel!

I'm sure the pb would be fine on the blueberry--I would think it would go better with it than an egg--for some reason an egg on a blueberry bagel doesn't sound right, lol.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & blueberry will be good together.
  • Flocker1979
    Options
    I think the Laughing Cow cheese wedges taste like cream cheese and are only 35 calories a triangle.
  • colbiegirl
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions - they're great! I had it with blueberry spread today and 3 tbsp of egg whites. It was really good! Next time I might just do the peanut butter. It might be a better option for pb & j!