Muscles feels a little swollon from exercise..

Options
Normally, I feel pretty good..I feel good today, but broke a new record and burned almost 2500 calories in one day..now I'm hurting so much, I can hardly move. Advice?

Replies

• wstidolph
    wstidolph Posts: 20
    Options
    I'd advise you revel in that pain; that's a very impressive amount of calories to be able to burn! What exercises are you doing???
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    rest
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    A couple of Aleve should help with any swelling, and stretch to prevent tightness tomorrow! Great job with the burn!!!
  • Corby86
    Corby86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Well done you!

I would recommend that you reward yourself with a nice bath, put about a cup of epsom salts in your bath. . . .(epsom salts is a form of magnesium) and magnesium is absorbed really well transdermally and will help your muscles to recover.

Also make sure that you are getting in enough protein, with such a large bout of exercise your protein needs will have increased considerably.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Geez, 2500 calories?! That's amazing. I would definitely kick back in a comfortable chair or couch, pop some ibuprofen, drink some hot tea, and revel in your body's fatigue. Maybe an ice pack for really sore spots? Good job!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm doing Zumba style dances on netflix..an hour can get me anywhere from 500-600 calories. I do a lot of walking, hence my user name.. <--- And im currently doing my second round of Jillian's 30 Day Shred..Today, i did a dance aerobic video, a lot of walking, and the shred..normally, i don't burn this much but with dinner, having a cookout at Church i decided to revel in the food way to much, and was determined to work it all off and I did..took me nearly 3 hrs of work to do so..next time, i will try my best watching things more closely when attending these events..although, indulgling once in a great while is never a bad thing. :happy:
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    WOW awesome job.....definetly warm soak in the tub and NSAIDS for swelling
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I may have to give myself a couple of soaks.. did one when I was done with my exercise..even had a glass of milk, and some yogurt for some added protein..ill try and take some pain relievers before bed..I even put some muscle cream on my legs and feet.