Hi I'm new

Options
Hi I'm new and I would like a few tips when trying to lose 1 lb a week

Replies

• CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Lauren!

Here are a couple tips I found through this community and elsewhere that have helped me out:

1. Weight loss tends to be a pretty slow process (I don't know how much you are trying to lose, if it's only five to ten pounds, maybe not so much. I'm more in the ballpark of eighty, so yeah . . .). Just remember that sometimes you'll go outside your calorie count. Record the cheat calories anyway, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on going.
    2. Weigh dry food as much as possible, and carefully measure liquids. If you don't already have a kitchen scale then I would recommend getting a decently-reviewed one off Amazon--they really help make the process of knowing exactly what you are eating much simpler.
    3. Try to not just focus on weight loss but on overall health goals as well. What's worked best for me is replacing empty calories (especially sweet treats for my sweet tooth!) with healthier foods. MFP's nutrition information and reports is super helpful for tracking things like macros, nutrients, sugar, and sodium.
    4. Also remember that all of us are human, and stuff like ice cream is the ambrosia from Heaven. If there are treats you like, definitely plan and budget them so you can live life and enjoy yourself in moderation.
    5. Exercise is awesome. It can boost your mood, help pad your calorie deficit, and help you achieve new goals. While it's not strictly necessary for weight loss, it can help, and it can also help you build muscle and look even more awesome as the weight comes off.

I hope some of these helped!