Two week binge eating, help! :(

Options
So for the past two weeks I have binged every single day! I stepped on the scale this morning only to find I've gained two kilos and then because I was so upset I went and binged again and had a 1000 calorie breakfast :(
How do you get back on track? I was thinking of doing a few days of straight protein to rid the water retention? my head is everywhere though, I can't believe I gained that weight and then binged again! I used to have such good self control - is this weight going to be easy to lose because I gained it so quick? I just don't know what to do, I hate myself so much and have lost all motivation to leave bed :( I can see the extra weight!

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Well first of all what could be behind the eating? If it is close to "that" time of the month your appetite and cravings are likely out of whack That being said I usually find a day of very low carbs and higher fat and protein help me regain a normal eating pattern because it is carbs which make me want to keep eating.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Time to do some sleuthing. As already mentioned, you need to look at the why to determine how to fix it.

You said that you are usually good with self control. How many calories do you normally eat? Do you cut out some of your favorite foods? These were two of my big issues. When I tried to stick with 1200 cal/day or tried to remove breads, pastas, ice cream, etc I would do fine for a while, and then just lose control. It took a while, but I discovered that an increased calorie goal that left room for my favorites, small treats daily, or save up for one big treat somewhere in the week, helped keep my sanity. Of course, if those aren't your issues, you will need to figure out what is.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Agree with others that you might want to try to figure out what's behind the behavior. Are you tired, lonely, depressed, bored, sleep deprived, stressed, etc?

In terms of what to eat to get back on track, like a "veggie clean out" after a day or two of too much. I'll make a huge pot of veggie soup and eat it for every meal one day (cabbage and tomato is a favorite-). I like the hydration, the low calories, the sense of fullness from the veggies, and the boost of fiber that helps get things moving.
  • Veeschfit77
    Veeschfit77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with the same issue... Binging almost daily. I plan all my meals and snacks the night before and do great all day but as soon as I get home, it's like all control goes out the window!!!!! I realized that I am NOT allowed to have anything remotely sweet and processed in the house because I seriously binge like it's going out of style. I've decided that I will no longer keep items in my house that I know I can easily binge on (lately it's been all about sweets!!!) I've decided that if I want it bad enough, I'll have to leave the house to go get something sweet (usually that makes me change my mind lol) If I don't have anything in the house that is easy to binge on, I have less chance of binging. I have a really bad relationship with food and I struggle DAILY... I mean, really struggle... Where even after I've binged, I'm still thinking about food
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not a binge.
  • applesandtapeline
    applesandtapeline Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't keep anything I might want to binge on when at home.
    When I get the cravings I'm actually too lazy to go to store for just a chocolate, so no binge eating happens.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Additionally, sticking to just protein isn't going to help; the extreme restriction may contribute to another binge. Try balance, instead.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The problem is that you created a diet you could not stick too, so now your body is rebelling. You need to revisit your profile and input a weight loss goal of 2 lbs per week
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    The problem is that you created a diet you could not stick too, so now your body is rebelling. You need to revisit your profile and input a weight loss goal of 2 lbs per week

if that is the OP in her profile picture she really does not need a 2lb a week goal! she needs a smaller one as its over restricting that could have lead to the over eating
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You sound stressed about something, maybe try journaling your days to see if you can figure out a pattern to your stress and binging.