Does anyone have a Apple Watch synced to MFP?

Options
First congrats on your journey and feel free to add me. We are in this together.

I switched from a Fitbit to the Apple Watch thinking it was better. I think I was wrong or I'm just not using it up to it fullest potential.

Replies

• KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like my apple watch synced with mfp and get all info I need synched. Maybe your settings are not optimal.
    To adjust - go into apple health app -> sources -> mfp, and see what options you have turned on.
    Mine are as follows:

MFP to write data in Apple health app:
    -all nutritional points
    - not weight

MFP to read from Apple health data:
    -No nutritional points.
    - allow reading weight and workouts (workouts from watch data)

I don't count steps so I've turned that option off in mfp.

Hope this helps!
  • JDBoGray
    JDBoGray Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah it throws my workouts in and may be a few hundred cals burn and with the divot it would be triple the amount. But hey if it makes me work harder then so be it as long as I'm loosing.
  • JDBoGray
    Options
    Fitbit not divot
  • KatKat1209
    KatKat1209 Posts: 229 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I read somewhere that the apple watch is actually not to bad with their calorie estimates - since it's taking your personal data into account for calculating your burn. And it's supposed to learn - so the more you use it the more accurate it's supposed to be.. but well I'm not an expert but my burns seem way more reasonable than those given by mfp... though I'm not sure how accurate the fitbit is.
  • JDBoGray
    Options
    I don't either I just figured one less app and the health app but I appreciate your info I did what you said and I'll give it a week to learn