New, nursing mama support?

Options
8 weeks postpartum to my first behbeh o:) ready to start working out again, need some more friends who are in similar position (or have been there, done that!) that are very dedicated and actually communicate with the people on their friends list! I really need consistent support and encouragement, and you can expect the same from me! :)

While I want to lose the baby weight, I'm more concerned about just fitting into my pre-Preggo clothes again, getting back in shape, and being a good example for my daughter as she grows/being able to keep up with her. I am concerned about hurting my milk supply by burning more calories than I have been, so if y'all have any tips on that, I'd appreciate 'em! For now, I just plan to eat 2000 calories as recommended by my OB. B)

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can add me if you'd like... I have a 9 month old (and also a 3 year old). It sounds like you have things under control by fueling yourself to keep that milk supply up and taking things easy since sleep deprivation + nursing + trying to lose weight can be taxing, so patience is key :)
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Great to see your long term goals in there - being a good example as your babe grows - I found progress in the early months a bit patchy, so it's good to have the bigger picture to look at when it seems you aren't progressing as fast as you'd like.

I'd say just take it slow - build up to your workouts and see how milk supply is affected along the way. I had stacks of milk and never found low-supply a problem (oversupply had its own issues...), but if I went a bit too hard with exercise in the early months I was really exhausted, which was not great for anyone.

I don't know what your situation is like, but for me sleep was the biggest factor I had to deal with (refluxy baby) - when I'm tired, I need to eat often to get through, so having good things to eat was really important. I didn't always manage to do it, but when I could, making a lunchbox at the start of the day was fantastic (for controlling food intake and also just handy to have it ready when I sat down to feed).

And most importantly - congratulations on your new baby! Just enjoy it as much as you can. My big sister used to tell me "the days are long, but the years fly by".
    My first bub is now 9 and it's only a blink ago he was born. Another blink and he'll be moving out of home!!!
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • ashpea82
    ashpea82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I just had my second baby 6 weeks ago and am ready to start working on eating healthier, introducing some exercise and shedding some of the baby weight! I was overweight coming into my pregnancy and while I'm already down 35 lbs since giving birth( I had a lot of swelling in the end) I have about 50 lbs to go for my goal weight. I have a 5 year old who also keeps me busy and motivated to be a healthy role model for her. Let's do this!
  • angiejim0415
    angiejim0415 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 11 days postpartum (with a 4yo as well) and wanting to slowly get back in shape. I put on 25 lbs during my pregnancy but would like to lose 55 lbs, considering I was overweight to begin with. After being able to give into my cravings the last 9 months, self control will be one of my biggest struggles.
  • AprilKill
    AprilKill Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 3 weeks postpartum and starting to plan my snap back routine , add me