Snacks

Options
What are some of your Favorite Snacks throughout the day ? I'm just needing some ideas ? I'm tired of same old stuff. Thanks in advance. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, nuts, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, protein bars, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn, apples & peanut butter, fruit
  • valerie7999
    valerie7999 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Planters blueberry protein nut mix bag, Greek yogurt, Alyssa's healthy oatmeal bites, carrots and hummus, Apple and cinnamon, peanut butter chocolate larabars, oh yeah one bars, crunchy chickpeas, cheese sticks, bananas, halo top icecream, dark chocolate bark thins, rice cake chips, rice cakes, nuts, wheat pb crackers, whole grain Graham's, cheese meat and nut packages
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pretzels, reduced fat Wheat Thins or Cheez It, Laughing Cow light Swiss on reduced fat Ritz, cucumber and carrots dipped in a little salad dressing. Peanut butter on toast if I have calories to spare.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Totally boring but I've been devouring cucumber with cracked pepper in the afternoons when I get snacky.

Laughing cow cheese on celery is a good one, corn thins with laughing cow and cracked pepper, popcorn and jerky are both good (though I could eat my bodyweight in jerky)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can toast tinned chickpeas in a frying pan like you can nuts, with seasoning. I was thinking this would be a great snack, but don't know if they'd cook. I can't roast them in the oven as I don't have one.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can toast tinned chickpeas in a frying pan like you can nuts, with seasoning. I was thinking this would be a great snack, but don't know if they'd cook. I can't roast them in the oven as I don't have one.

I would say yes, just go low heat and slow for a while. You might also want to leave them in the refrigerator uncovered for a bit to help them dry out before you toast them. I don't know if they'll get quite as crunchy, but I think you can get them to a decent crisp.