Need a fresh start as I'm doing something wrong

Options
I've been struggling lately for some reason. Not so much with eating "right" or logging, but the scale just won't budge. I keep bouncing up and down with the same few pounds. I've upped my protein, cut back on carbs, upped and lowered my calorie intake and nothing seems to be working.

I've not lost hope or given up but it is a tad frustrating. I've lost between 50-55 pounds to date since starting at the beginning of the year, so I know what to do. I took a break/loosened up my logging and eating around July (after losing 45 pounds) and just really got back into things about a month or two ago. I guess I was used to the scale dropping more quickly. I'm trying to remind myself that the less I weigh, the slower the weight is to come off.

Anyway, the point of this post is just to say everyday is a fresh start to do better and apply what we've learned along the way to our daily journey. Thanks for listening to my rant. : )

Replies

• AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude - every day is a fresh start! My last 15 lbs took months...but they did come off. Yours will too. :-)
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • 1fitlady
    1fitlady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feeling frustrated today too. Just trying to remind myself again that eating less and eating healthy is a long term thing with long term results so don't give up.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    You pretty much said this, but you are supposed to decelerate your pace of weight loss as your bf% declines. The less fat you have available to fuel your deficit, the more likely you'll lose lean body mass if you stick to the same pace. Congrats on approaching this next phase with the right attitude.
  • mmdolly56
    mmdolly56 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am sixty and have discovered losing 2 pounds a week is nearly impossible unless I want to eat around 1000 cals a day and bust my hump in the pool. Therefore, unless I want to be chronically "hangry" (pissed off and hungry) I have to allow myself more calories and accept about a pound a week weight loss. It's excruciatingly slow!
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hi, I understand your frustration. What has worked for me is putting some short, hign intensity work-outs in the morning. It boosts the metabolism and gives a great start of the day.