I found my "yes! it's working! keep going!" moment yesterday

Options
after a few months of plateauing. results on the left from a few weeks back; results on the right from yesterday! came at a much needed time.54yr5ftdwxxa.jpg

Replies

• Gracious_Plum
    Gracious_Plum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's great! :smile: I had the same feeling this weekend when i got weighed - put on 1lb but lost .7% fat!
    It's great when you realise you must be doing something right!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Are you very lean visually? 15% is a low reading for females.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    WOW you must be ripped! 15 is so low. female-body-fat-percentage-pictures.jpg
  • fabulousmo
    fabulousmo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am not ripped. I look more like 18%.

Feeling embarrassed now, and deflated.

• trigden1991
    Options
    fabulousmo wrote: »
    I am not ripped. I look more like 18%.

Feeling embarrassed now, and deflated.

You shouldn't be embarassed or deflated. You have made progress but you need to be wary of the numbers that machines like that spit out.

You would do much better to track weight and take photos to visually assess progress.
  • fabulousmo
    Options
    Excellent idea! Will do.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Don't be too caught up in the actual number - the point is - even that inaccurate measurement shows the fat percentage decreasing!

That's good - even if the actual number is inaccurate.

Keep up the fabulous work! Stay Proud!
  • mdelappe
    mdelappe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    good job! You should be proud of yourself!
  • fabulousmo
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words of encouragement, everyone!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic...good for you!!!
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That 18% pic looks pretty damn good to me. You should be very proud of your hard work and fantastic results!
  • SideshowTam
    SideshowTam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind that the 15% model is prepped for comp! She is tanned, contoured and has been flexing for the last hour to make every muscle pop... I promise you in broad daylight on any normal day she doesn't look exactly like that either.

If you are anywhere near those digits, you're doing amazing..beyond amazing... !
  • SideshowTam
    SideshowTam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh! I do hope you end up running through town in your prom dress from 1988 ;D
  • trigden1991
    Options
    She is tanned, contoured and has been flexing for the last hour to make every muscle pop

You try flexing for an hour and let me know how many seconds you actually manage ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!