2016 End of the year HEALTHY challenge

Options

Replies

• lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't do too badly yesterday considering I had my 2 grandsons ages 2 and 6 for the day and a sleepover. Today I am going to need a nap and do my best to get in my swim, journal and climb on board. How are YOU all doing? Congrats to any and all who are 1 day or more closer to their goals!
  • deweydecimalk
    deweydecimalk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found this group today and hope that I can still hop on board. My 3 goals are: reduce sugar intake, eat smaller dinners (I tend to save most of my calories for dinner then eat too much), and work out five to six times a week.
  • lms32164
    Options
    Oh yes! Glad you could join.
  • sosopa
    sosopa Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd like to join too.

My 3 goals are:
    1.Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day
    2.Exercise 4-5 times a week for 15-30 minutes
    3.Stay under calorie goal 5 days per week

I weigh in on Mondays so you'll hear from me again tomorrow!
  • lms32164
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ladies, the easiest way for me to support you all and also get support from you is if you want to friend me. Some of you have done that and as of today I am closing the group so we can focus on ourselves and those who want to keep up with the challenge. I wish you all good luck! Thank you again for joining! :)
  • KEPTBYGOD74
    KEPTBYGOD74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I believe something special is in store for all of us in this group. Goals will be accomplished, transformation will take place, and hopefully meaningful friendships made. Thank you for starting this challenge!
  • lms32164
    Options
    Thank you all for joining! Now I am not alone in this journey!. Winter in Maine is long and sometimes hard, I need all the help I can get. haha
  • sosopa
    Options
    Good morning! I weighed in today and I was 180lbs. My goal is to go down to 160lbs as I was 3 years ago.

How are you doing so far with your goals? I'd love to hear more from you all.
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I didn't post my stats on Sunday, and have been avoiding it ever since. So here goes:

Starting weight: 217
    Goal weight: 197 (for now).

Just three years ago I was at 135 and going to the gym six days a week at 5am. A few pregnancies, losses, and finally the birth of my daughter has found me where I am at now. I've got a long road ahead, but am hoping to get back to myself so I can set a good example for my daughter. I'm tired of being so tired!

Hoping to eventually get back to my original weight, but baby steps for now :). If I could enter 2017 under 200 lbs I would feel I had succeeded at this challenge!
  • lms32164
    Options
    Chelsea, I am sorry for all you have been through. Try not to look at just the number on the scale or event the whole picture of your desire to loose a ton of weight. The key words are you want to be a good example for your daughter and you also want to be healthy to be able to take care of her and be her for her! You can do this by setting small attainable goals and changing the things that you need to to be a success. For me, sugar and bad carbs along with lack of exercise are my evils. Now that I am 52 it is so much harder to loose the weight. My best advice is to create new habits for a healthier lifestyle before you get to an age where your metabolism is no longer your friend. LOL! <3
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge, this time of year! If I'm too late to join please let me know!
    My 3 goals are:
    1. Cut carbs, especially processed ones
    2. Cook dinner at least 5 nights/week
    3. Make lunches ahead of time for work
  • lms32164
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Great goals! Climb on board!
  • lms32164
    Options
    I am so grateful for all you ladies who have decided to join me in our challenge. Though we will all have our moments that we need to work harder to achieve our goals, we are here and we are ready to make changes to be healthier in the new year! You all have been checking in just about daily and I am happy we are all trying our best to be our best. Have a blessed day everyone!
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot to post my stats! As of Tuesday I was 208.1 and by year end my goal is 195. So far this week my goals are on track :smiley:
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot to post my stats! As of Tuesday I was 208.1 and by year end my goal is 195. So far this week my goals are on track :smiley:

We have similar goals :)

• lms32164
    Options
    Good morning! Those of you who are just here for the challenge and have not friended me, this is what I am up to.
    Ladies, refocusing on my goals this holiday week so I can stay in control.
    1. Journal my foods and exercise daily to stay on track 2.Exercise daily weather it is my one hour swim or a walk or yoga but do SOMETHING to move! 3.Cut bad carbs and sugar. 4.Drink lots of water and remember my vitamins. 5.Eat moderatley and mindfully.
    I need a reminder to take care of my mind, body and soul and each one takes proper nourishment.
    Have a great start to your week ladies. What are your goals for this week?
  • Faye_Baker
    Faye_Baker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm late joining but want to participate. I weighed in at 142lbs today and have been eating badly and not exercising since surgery in summer. Feel lousy and reading posts motivated me to get started and get fit and eat healthily again. Thanks for inspiring me
  • sosopa
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Hope you're doing great! Last week was hard for me because I went out with friends (and I didn't make the healthier food choises) and I neglected my exercise program... This week I'll try harder! My goal for the week is to stay within calorie goal and exercise 4 times.

Let's do this!
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am completely the same sosopa! Last week just got worse and worse!

Today I have woken up back on track. I'm going to take it one day at a time and move closer to my goals.

I hope you are all doing well!!! Thank you for your support and motivation
  • KEPTBYGOD74
    KEPTBYGOD74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also fell short on meeting my goals. I stayed within my calorie range, but many of the food choices were not good. I also neglected my exercise goal.

I choose to get back on track today and stay focused on my goals. I am so ready to see a change.