New person on board

Options
Hi to all the newbies!

So, I quit smoking and gained a whopping 50 pounds! No wonder I wasn't ready to quit 30 years ago. But the thing is I made a promise that before I turned 50 I would be smoke free. This is the year I made the commitment to quit (February).

It is a double whammy b/c I am also going through menopause. Not a happy camper but dealing.

I started my diet today and according to my "report" I didn't take in enough calories or drink enough water. <G>

Oh well, tomorrow is another day!

Cheers, Veronica

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    I know kind of how you feel. I'm not going through menopause (thank goodness since I am 25!), but I quit smoking on March 23rd of this year after 10 years of chain smoking. And I developed an illness in my lungs which requires Prednisone, a steroid that can increase weight. And oh, it so did!

Quitting smoking is awesome, though! And way to do it through an already difficult time in your life! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like! We can use each other for motivation!
  • Valde02
    Valde02 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks GypsyRose! How do I add you as a friend? Can you tell I am really new! :laugh:

25 and a quitter! Good for you! I wish I had the courage to quit when I was that young. Crickey! I am half a century old -- well soon anyway.

Cheers, Veronica